Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Quiet Sump Pump Check Valve

Hi Everybody-

A year or two back I posted about how when my sump pump would shut off
I would hear a very noticeable CLUNK. I thought it was related to the
check valve I had. Turns out I was right. I had tried a Flo-tec and
then a Zoeller check valve. Both were the same basic design and were
'clunkers'. Recently I just got a Campbell #B-0823-15C spring
loaded check valve ($23 shipped from Acehardwareoutlet). It's great
and now there is no 'clunk' whatsoever when the sump pump shuts down.
Just wanted to give some feedback to the group in case anybody else is
looking for a quiet check valve that works.

Another neat thing about it is that the body is clear so you can see
inside the checkvalve.

Kevin
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 13, 7:43*pm, wrote:
Hi Everybody-

A year or two back I posted about how when my sump pump would shut off
I would hear a very noticeable CLUNK. *I thought it was related to the
check valve I had. *Turns out I was right. *I had tried a Flo-tec and
then a Zoeller check valve. *Both were the same basic design and were
'clunkers'. * *Recently I just got a *Campbell #B-0823-15C spring
loaded check valve *($23 shipped from Acehardwareoutlet). *It's great
and now there is no 'clunk' whatsoever when the sump pump shuts down.
Just wanted to give some feedback to the group in case anybody else is
looking for a quiet check valve that works.

Another neat thing about it is that the body is clear so you can see
inside the checkvalve.

Kevin

Sounds good (pun intended). I personnally don't mind a gentle klunk,
then I know my pump's working.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
Hi Everybody-

A year or two back I posted about how when my sump pump would shut off
I would hear a very noticeable CLUNK. I thought it was related to the
check valve I had. Turns out I was right. I had tried a Flo-tec and
then a Zoeller check valve. Both were the same basic design and were
'clunkers'. Recently I just got a Campbell #B-0823-15C spring
loaded check valve ($23 shipped from Acehardwareoutlet). It's great
and now there is no 'clunk' whatsoever when the sump pump shuts down.
Just wanted to give some feedback to the group in case anybody else is
looking for a quiet check valve that works.

Another neat thing about it is that the body is clear so you can see
inside the checkvalve.

Kevin

I can hear our "cluck" valve anywhere in the basement or 1st floor when it
does it's thing. I'd like to give this a try but have never changed a check
valve before. Does it just screw into the pump body?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"gilb" wrote in message ...

wrote in message
[...]

Make that "clunk" valve.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 13, 10:36*pm, "gilb" wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

valve before. Does it just screw into the pump body?- Hide quoted text -

No, it doesn't screw in to you existing pump. You need to glue in
some union type fittings to your PVC. It's a little work but when you
want to replace the valve it's really easy to just unscrew the hand
nuts, pull out the old valve, replace it, and hand tighten the nuts
again.