Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default How many men needed to bring a fridge up the stairs

On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 08:27:41 -0500, BillGill
wrote:

mm wrote:
How many men needed to bring a fridge up the stairs, from the
basement. Using a rental handtruck designed for this, with a strap
etc.

How many men needed if the first ones are in good shape and 83, 72,
and 62 years old?

I recall the story I was told by a friend when I was in Hawaii. They
had a refrigerator to move up stairs and they were all fussing about
how to do it when his little Japanese grandfather got fed up with with
their talk. He grabbed a length of rope, threw it around the refrigerator,
hauled it up on his back and took it up by himself. So all you need
to do is find a Japanese grandfather and your troubles are over.

This was a great answer. I googled japanese grandfather
refrigerator and got about 89,900 hits. The first one was this
very thread but that still left plenty. I narrowed it down, found a
likely one, and emailed him. He's willing to come next week, but I
have to pay the plane fare, $600, and provide the rope.

I'm not sure if it's worth it.

Bill

Posted to alt.home.repair

mm wrote:

How many men needed to bring a fridge up the stairs, from the
basement. Using a rental handtruck designed for this, with
a strap etc.

How many men needed if the first ones are in good shape and
83, 72, and 62 years old?

Let the 83 year old be the straw boss.

I'm 66 and I moved one up flight of stairs last year with the
help of my 17 year old son.

Just put a blanket underneath it to protect the stairs and
pull it up. It's not that heavy.

One mistake I made was to do it while my childbride was home.

Dick