Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default How many men needed to bring a fridge up the stairs

On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 08:27:41 -0500, BillGill
wrote:

mm wrote:
How many men needed to bring a fridge up the stairs, from the
basement. Using a rental handtruck designed for this, with a strap
etc.

How many men needed if the first ones are in good shape and 83, 72,
and 62 years old?

I recall the story I was told by a friend when I was in Hawaii. They
had a refrigerator to move up stairs and they were all fussing about
how to do it when his little Japanese grandfather got fed up with with
their talk. He grabbed a length of rope, threw it around the refrigerator,
hauled it up on his back and took it up by himself. So all you need
to do is find a Japanese grandfather and your troubles are over.

This was a great answer. I googled japanese grandfather
refrigerator and got about 89,900 hits. The first one was this
very thread but that still left plenty. I narrowed it down, found a
likely one, and emailed him. He's willing to come next week, but I
have to pay the plane fare, $600, and provide the rope.

I'm not sure if it's worth it.

Bill