Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Underground wiring

Started digging and found the short in the wiring from my house that runs 50
feet ± to the greenhouse. Standard 10-3 w/ ground (4 conductors total) NOT
direct burial. It's probably been there for about 40 years.

While I know the right solution (replace with direct burial, or conduit) I
do have to drill/fish/pull etc. under a 14 foot wide asphalt driveway. If
this were direct burial, or there any approved splice methods that can be
buried (2 foot cover) OR do I need to place a utility box over the splice.

Any ideas appreciated.

Ivan Vegvary