Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_2_] RBM[_2_] is offline

Default Underground wiring

"Ivan Vegvary" wrote in message
Started digging and found the short in the wiring from my house that runs
50 feet ± to the greenhouse. Standard 10-3 w/ ground (4 conductors total)
NOT direct burial. It's probably been there for about 40 years.

While I know the right solution (replace with direct burial, or conduit) I
do have to drill/fish/pull etc. under a 14 foot wide asphalt driveway. If
this were direct burial, or there any approved splice methods that can be
buried (2 foot cover) OR do I need to place a utility box over the splice.

Any ideas appreciated.

Ivan Vegvary

If it's not UF cable, it's not designed to be underground regardless if in
conduit or not. There are direct burial wirenuts made for UF cable, such as
King one step or Ideal Blue. No junction box is required for underground
cable splicing