Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Don't **** off the snowplow driver

"A Montreal snowplow driver has been suspended for dumping a whopping pile
of snow onto a car after a dispute over a parking space.

"Now the couple who found their car looking more like an igloo than a sedan
want an apology from the driver."

With pic of snow pile. Newspaper calls it "Plowrage"
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/montreal/st...rage-0202.html

Posted to alt.home.repair

HeyBub wrote:
"A Montreal snowplow driver has been suspended for dumping a whopping pile
of snow onto a car after a dispute over a parking space.

"Now the couple who found their car looking more like an igloo than a sedan
want an apology from the driver."

With pic of snow pile. Newspaper calls it "Plowrage"
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/montreal/st...rage-0202.html

I had a snowplow driver do that to me once, although not as bad. My car
wouldn't start, so I couldn't move it off of the street and get it out
of the way (not that I was legally obligated to.) So he piled all the
snow from the entire street onto my car with a front-end loader.

Bob, in Minnesota
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/3/2009 1:02 PM HeyBub spake thus:

"A Montreal snowplow driver has been suspended for dumping a whopping pile
of snow onto a car after a dispute over a parking space.

"Now the couple who found their car looking more like an igloo than a sedan
want an apology from the driver."

With pic of snow pile. Newspaper calls it "Plowrage"
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/montreal/st...rage-0202.html

Heh; this reminds me of something my dear departed mother swore she
witnessed: a neighbor had parked his car in front of his neighbor's
house after they had shoveled out a parking spot, which understandably
****ed them off. She said she saw the guy come out of his house shortly
thereafter with a hose, with which he proceeded to give the car a good
soaking.

The car was embedded in a solid block of ice for the next week or so.

--
Personally, I like Vista, but I probably won't use it. I like it
upgrades. As long as there is hardware and software out there that

- lifted from sci.electronics.repair
Posted to alt.home.repair

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
Heh; this reminds me of something my dear departed mother swore she
witnessed: a neighbor had parked his car in front of his neighbor's house
after they had shoveled out a parking spot, which understandably ****ed
them off. She said she saw the guy come out of his house shortly
thereafter with a hose, with which he proceeded to give the car a good
soaking.

The car was embedded in a solid block of ice for the next week or so.

Perhaps it was my brother and me that she saw. Many years ago we cleared
the snow in front of our house. A woman from the next block thought it was
a good place to park. She found out otherwise. That was back in the early
'60's.
People have been killed over parking places, especially in the big cities
where parking is tight when streets are clear.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 6 Feb 2009 19:36:48 -0600, "Doug Brown"
wrote:

"zxcvbob" wrote in message
HeyBub wrote:
"A Montreal snowplow driver has been suspended for dumping a whopping
pile of snow onto a car after a dispute over a parking space.

"Now the couple who found their car looking more like an igloo than a
sedan want an apology from the driver."

With pic of snow pile. Newspaper calls it "Plowrage"
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/montreal/st...rage-0202.html

I had a snowplow driver do that to me once, although not as bad. My car
wouldn't start, so I couldn't move it off of the street and get it out of
the way (not that I was legally obligated to.) So he piled all the snow
from the entire street onto my car with a front-end loader.

Bob, in Minnesota

That's OK. I saw in the news earlier this week that the 2nd ,3rd and 4th
pedestrians this year were killed in Montreal by snow plows!

Not saying the plough driver was right, but the beggar asked for it.
When the crews are trying to clean up after a storm and they ask you
to move your car, MOVE IT.

Here in Kitchener Waterloo you can NOT park on the street overnight
after a snowfall. Actually, in Waterloo there is NO OVERNIGHT PARKING,
PERIOD. Sun, rain, cloud or snow.
In Kitchener parking overnight during a "snow event" costs you an $80
fine, a Tow charge, and storage at the impound.