Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Emergency tire repair

With starter fluid and a butane lighter

Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7FIv...eature=related

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 18, 8:40*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
With starter fluid and a butane lighter

Videohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7FIvAw2wC4&feature=related

Old bead seating trick, probably first implemented on "big truck"
tires.
-----

- gpsman
Posted to alt.home.repair

Hell, that's nothing new. Tire shops been doing that for decades.

--
All you scholars who think bush messed up..... You ain't seen nothin' yet!
Just wait. You'll be cryin' for mercy after a while with Bro Bama

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...

With starter fluid and a butane lighter

Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7FIv...eature=related

Posted to alt.home.repair

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_M0GNLvPmAg&NR=1

They got a bunch of these. I'd heard that you need to get
the air hose onto the valve stem immediately, or the tire
starts to suck back in after the explosion. This video,
above, demonstrates it nicely. You can really see the tire
suck in, right away.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...

With starter fluid and a butane lighter

Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7FIv...eature=related

Posted to alt.home.repair

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO9M6W6XxMM&NR=1
And sometimes it doesn't work very well.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...

With starter fluid and a butane lighter

Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7FIv...eature=related

Posted to alt.home.repair

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO9M6W6XxMM&NR=1
And sometimes it doesn't work very well.

And other times the whole tire carcass can
literally flail away in pieces, strewing steel
beads and rubber shards all over the place. All
it takes is an improper mix, for those kiddies
deciding to try this at home.
And whoever said shops do that all the time is
full of BS; there are faster methods for any shop
worth its salt and the don't lose the tire
warranty by doing so. Such a mounted tire is
pretty easy to spot; doesn't take much of a
detective. Their insurance companies would take a
pretty dim view of it, too of course.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_M0GNLvPmAg&NR=1

They got a bunch of these. I'd heard that you need to get
the air hose onto the valve stem immediately, or the tire
starts to suck back in after the explosion. This video,
above, demonstrates it nicely. You can really see the tire
suck in, right away.

Yeah, but we've seen posters wondering how in the hell they can re-bead a
tubeless wheel-barrow tire...

This trick might work.

Posted to alt.home.repair

it does work on the WB tires also. BUT the best way to re-bead a wheel
barrow tire is to go to the store and buy one of those 'flat free' solid
tires. WB tires are as thin as paper and a pain to keep air in.

--
All you scholars who think bush messed up..... You ain't seen nothin' yet!
Just wait. You'll be cryin' for mercy after a while with Bro Bama

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
Stormin Mormon wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_M0GNLvPmAg&NR=1

They got a bunch of these. I'd heard that you need to get
the air hose onto the valve stem immediately, or the tire
starts to suck back in after the explosion. This video,
above, demonstrates it nicely. You can really see the tire
suck in, right away.

Yeah, but we've seen posters wondering how in the hell they can re-bead a
tubeless wheel-barrow tire...

This trick might work.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Oh, bull****.

* *And whoever said shops do that all the time is
full of BS;

How many shops have you habituated?

there are faster methods

What are they?

Such a mounted tire is
pretty easy to spot; doesn't take much of a
detective.

What does it take to describe the obvious evidence?

Their insurance companies would take a
pretty dim view of it, too of course.

You're onefer. Obviously accidentally.
-----

- gpsman
Posted to alt.home.repair

You obviously have never been in a tire shop or seen the process in person.
I personally have done this hundreds of times, and there's no detrimental
effects from doing it.

"Twayne" wrote in message
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO9M6W6XxMM&NR=1
And sometimes it doesn't work very well.

And other times the whole tire carcass can literally flail away in pieces,
strewing steel beads and rubber shards all over the place. All it takes
is an improper mix, for those kiddies deciding to try this at home.
And whoever said shops do that all the time is full of BS; there are
faster methods for any shop worth its salt and the don't lose the tire
warranty by doing so. Such a mounted tire is pretty easy to spot; doesn't
take much of a detective. Their insurance companies would take a pretty
dim view of it, too of course.

Posted to alt.home.repair

on 1/19/2009 10:54 PM (ET) Steve Barker wrote the following:
it does work on the WB tires also. BUT the best way to re-bead a wheel
barrow tire is to go to the store and buy one of those 'flat free' solid
tires. WB tires are as thin as paper and a pain to keep air in.

The last time my wheel barrow tire went flat, I ran a bead of silicon
sealer around the rim. Hasn't gone flat since, and that was 3 years ago.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 19, 7:14 pm, "Twayne"

wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO9M6W6XxMM&NR=1
And sometimes it doesn't work very well.

And other times the whole tire carcass can
literally flail away in pieces, strewing steel
beads and rubber shards all over the place. All
it takes is an improper mix, for those kiddies
deciding to try this at home.

Oh, bull****.

And whoever said shops do that all the time is
full of BS;

How many shops have you habituated?

Irrellevant, but very likely more than you.
Physics is the point here, not how many shops.
I've dealt with explosive situations more often
than I like.

there are faster methods

What are they?

If you don't know what they are, you're shooting
in the dark with all of this. Gimme a stand, air
& a rod & I'll have it down before the guy on
u-tube gets ready to light a match.

Such a mounted tire is
pretty easy to spot; doesn't take much of a
detective.

What does it take to describe the obvious
evidence?

Telltale smoothness on part of the rim, tiny
cracks on the oval swipe most likely, a specific
odor inside the tire, occasionally soot up the
rim, and injured bodies laying around. Broken
steel belts are likely too, meaning a failed wall
on the tire.
And yes, I've done it. I've also purposely
exploded them using the same materials. Stopped
before creating throw-off, but broke the bead in
two places, burst bands. I stopped there; too
many people were gathering round.

Their insurance companies would take a
pretty dim view of it, too of course.

You're onefer. Obviously accidentally.
-----

- gpsman

Posted to alt.home.repair

You obviously have never been in a tire shop or
seen the
process in person. I personally have done this
hundreds
of times, and there's no detrimental effects
from doing
it.

You're also a trusting soul. So far. Or a moron.

"Twayne" wrote in
message
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO9M6W6XxMM&NR=1
And sometimes it doesn't work very well.

And other times the whole tire carcass can
literally
flail away in pieces, strewing steel beads and
rubber
shards all over the place. All it takes is an
improper
mix, for those kiddies deciding to try this
at home.
And whoever said shops do that all the time is
full of
BS; there are faster methods for any shop worth
its salt
and the don't lose the tire warranty by doing
so. Such
a mounted tire is pretty easy to spot; doesn't
take much
of a detective. Their insurance companies
would take a
pretty dim view of it, too of course.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks

On Jan 20, 12:07*pm, "Twayne" wrote:
On Jan 19, 7:14 pm, "Twayne"

wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO9M6W6XxMM&NR=1
And sometimes it doesn't work very well.

And other times the whole tire carcass can
literally flail away in pieces, strewing steel
beads and rubber shards all over the place. All
it takes is an improper mix, for those kiddies
deciding to try this at home.

Oh, bull****.

And whoever said shops do that all the time is
full of BS;

How many shops have you habituated?

Irrellevant, but very likely more than you.
Physics is the point here, not how many shops.

It was your assertion that "whoever said shops do that all the time is
full of BS". How does physics apply to that?

I've dealt with explosive situations more often
than I like.

Could you be any more vague?

there are faster methods

What are they?

If you don't know what they are, you're shooting
in the dark with all of this. *Gimme a stand, air
& a rod & I'll have it down before the guy on
u-tube gets ready to light a match.

Hm. Well, bring me into the light.

You're going to remove the wheel from the vehicle... lock it onto the
stand... seat the bead... remove it from the stand and remount the
wheel... by which lightning-like methods?

Such a mounted tire is
pretty easy to spot; doesn't take much of a
detective.

What does it take to describe the obvious
evidence?

Telltale smoothness on part of the rim,

What causes that smoothness?

tiny
cracks on the oval swipe most likely,

Hm. Might those tiny cracks on the oval swipe, whatever that is, be
caused by no other action?

a specific
odor inside the tire,

Rubber-like?

occasionally soot up the
rim,

Permanent soot?

and injured bodies laying around.

And supposing by some miracle nobody was injured, like in the video?

Broken
steel belts are likely too, meaning a failed wall
on the tire.

Your tires have steel-belted sidewalls?

* *And yes, I've done it. *I've also purposely
exploded them using the same materials.

Why would you do that?

Stopped
before creating throw-off, but broke the bead in
two places, burst bands. *I stopped there; too
many people were gathering round.

Wasn't the tire in pretty poor condition to continue anyway?

You could be more obviously full of ****.
-----

- gpsman