Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks
gpsman gpsman is offline

Default Emergency tire repair

On Jan 20, 12:07*pm, "Twayne" wrote:
On Jan 19, 7:14 pm, "Twayne"

wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO9M6W6XxMM&NR=1
And sometimes it doesn't work very well.

And other times the whole tire carcass can
literally flail away in pieces, strewing steel
beads and rubber shards all over the place. All
it takes is an improper mix, for those kiddies
deciding to try this at home.

Oh, bull****.

And whoever said shops do that all the time is
full of BS;

How many shops have you habituated?

Irrellevant, but very likely more than you.
Physics is the point here, not how many shops.

It was your assertion that "whoever said shops do that all the time is
full of BS". How does physics apply to that?

I've dealt with explosive situations more often
than I like.

Could you be any more vague?

there are faster methods

What are they?

If you don't know what they are, you're shooting
in the dark with all of this. *Gimme a stand, air
& a rod & I'll have it down before the guy on
u-tube gets ready to light a match.

Hm. Well, bring me into the light.

You're going to remove the wheel from the vehicle... lock it onto the
stand... seat the bead... remove it from the stand and remount the
wheel... by which lightning-like methods?

Such a mounted tire is
pretty easy to spot; doesn't take much of a
detective.

What does it take to describe the obvious
evidence?

Telltale smoothness on part of the rim,

What causes that smoothness?

tiny
cracks on the oval swipe most likely,

Hm. Might those tiny cracks on the oval swipe, whatever that is, be
caused by no other action?

a specific
odor inside the tire,

Rubber-like?

occasionally soot up the
rim,

Permanent soot?

and injured bodies laying around.

And supposing by some miracle nobody was injured, like in the video?

Broken
steel belts are likely too, meaning a failed wall
on the tire.

Your tires have steel-belted sidewalls?

* *And yes, I've done it. *I've also purposely
exploded them using the same materials.

Why would you do that?

Stopped
before creating throw-off, but broke the bead in
two places, burst bands. *I stopped there; too
many people were gathering round.

Wasn't the tire in pretty poor condition to continue anyway?

You could be more obviously full of ****.
-----

- gpsman