Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default New boiler installed System 2000

Some of you may be interested in the final outcome of my quest to find a
good heating boiler.

I started out looking at Buderus, Crown, Peerless. They all seem good, this
one seems better. I've heard the Crown can be louder than others.

Today, the System 2000 was installed. Only been running for a few hours so
it will take months to see how much the savings are but I'm very pleased
with the way it is set up and the way it works. Everything looks high
quality and the installer did a very nice job of piping . It has about 15
valves so anything in the system can be isolated for service. Water heating
is indirect fired 40 gallon tank that seems about bottomless. Ran the
dishwasher and it was always at temperature and a short shower did not even
start the burner.

The single most noticeable attribute is the sound. Or lack of it. It is
the quietest oil boiler I've ever seen.

Time will tell, but it seems like a very well built machine.
http://www.energykinetics.com/index.shtml

Some states offer rebates and low or no interest financing. Depending on
oil prices, I can pay for this completely from oil savings at $3 a gallon.

Did I mention how quiet it is?