Posted to alt.home.repair

Default System 2000 Attn: Mark Ransley

Mark,

After you mentioned the System 2000, I started to check them out. I think
it is the most efficient boiler available for home use. Coupled with an
indirect water heater, I should save quite a bit of oil. Signed a contract
today and it will be installed by the end of December.

I looked at Crown, Buderus, Peerless, Weil McLain. I also considered the
dealer. This one has installed many of them in the past 20 years. It will
have a Becket burner, Taco pump and other common materials.

Once it is up and running I'll let you know about performance. January
should give it a good workout.

I never heard of them until you mentioned it. Thanks for the tip.
http://www.energykinetics.com/index.shtml

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 21, 8:46*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
Mark,

After you mentioned the System 2000, I started to check them out. *I think
it is the most efficient boiler available for home use. *Coupled with an
indirect water heater, I should save quite a bit of oil. *Signed a contract
today and it will be installed by the end of December.

I looked at Crown, Buderus, Peerless, Weil McLain. *I also considered the
dealer. This one has installed many of them in the past 20 years. It will
have a Becket burner, Taco pump and other common materials.

Once it is up and running I'll let you know about performance. January
should give it a good workout.

I never heard of them until you mentioned it. *Thanks for the tip.http://www.energykinetics.com/index.shtml

I hope it works out, I only know what I read about them searching
condensing units for you. If its that good for oil maybe I should
consider it for an eventual gas boiler replacement.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"ransley" wrote in message

I never heard of them until you mentioned it. Thanks for the
tip.http://www.energykinetics.com/index.shtml

I hope it works out, I only know what I read about them searching
condensing units for you. If its that good for oil maybe I should
consider it for an eventual gas boiler replacement.

************************************************** *******************************

After doing some research, I liked what I saw. All of the other three pass
boilers looked good, but most seemed to be copies of each other. I think
that while they are all good, this is better.

I like the idea of a cold start boiler, especially for heating water in
summer. My burner would come on often where there was no use just to keep
the tankless coil up to temperature. Indirect water heating makes a lot of
sense. The guy that came to the house told me a story about one of his
customers. He was away on vacation for a week. Next morning, he gets up
and takes a shower. His wife then took a shower but ran out of hot water
part way through. They called for service so Leo went to the house. He
flipped on the burner switch that the owner shut off while he was away for
the week and forgot about. After all that time, there was still plenty of
hot water left.

The combustion chamber and control setup is what sold me on the system.
I'll be able to tell you more once it is running.

Oh, check your state for energy programs. I'm going to get a $500 rebate as
well as 0% financing. Other state have programs also.
Ed