Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default New boiler installed System 2000

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in
:

Some of you may be interested in the final outcome of my quest to find
a good heating boiler.

I started out looking at Buderus, Crown, Peerless. They all seem
good, this one seems better. I've heard the Crown can be louder than
others.

Today, the System 2000 was installed. Only been running for a few
hours so it will take months to see how much the savings are but I'm
very pleased with the way it is set up and the way it works.
Everything looks high quality and the installer did a very nice job of
piping . It has about 15 valves so anything in the system can be
isolated for service. Water heating is indirect fired 40 gallon tank
that seems about bottomless. Ran the dishwasher and it was always at
temperature and a short shower did not even start the burner.

The single most noticeable attribute is the sound. Or lack of it. It
is the quietest oil boiler I've ever seen.

Time will tell, but it seems like a very well built machine.
http://www.energykinetics.com/index.shtml

Some states offer rebates and low or no interest financing. Depending
on oil prices, I can pay for this completely from oil savings at $3 a
gallon.

Did I mention how quiet it is?

Cooler night slated by any chance? Make a good intro.