Posted to alt.home.repair
Pat Pat is offline

Default Slightly OT

On Nov 21, 1:01*pm, "charlie"
wrote:
wrote in message

On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 18:21:21 -0600, AZ Nomad
wrote:

On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 18:15:29 -0500, KLS wrote:
On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 09:50:48 -0800, "Bob F"
wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in message
news:XcOdnQTd2OmUlrnUnZ2dnUVZ_qLinZ2d@earthlin k.com...

A New York author once said: "The outdoors is something through which
I pass
between my apartment and my car."

The same applies in Phoenix.

If you don't want to complain about the weather, move to Hawaii. They
don't
even have weather forecasts on the TV because the weather is exactly
the same
every day (the islands are surrounded by a one trillion square mile
heat
sink). Or, you can do as I do.

Stay inside. With redundant air conditioning.

That sounds horrible! Why live in a place that you have to do that?

My thought exactly!

Uh, how is that worse than staying inside with heating?
Last time I checked, most people in northern climates stayed inside
during the winter. *Being outside in minus ten degree weather isn't much
better than being outside in 115 degree weather.

Of course, the worse part of the day in phoenix is the middle of the day
when
most people are out and about.

But up here in the cold we get to go out and blow snow, push stuck
cars, go skiing, skating, tubing, and all that other fun stuff. Don't
have to stay inside because you can put on enough to be warm - In
Phoenix it is impossible to take OFF enough to be cool. (even in
Novembrrrrrrrrrr.

not true. it's all what you get used to. i generally work outdoors in the
summertime. as long as i can keep hydrated and shaded, it's just fine. when
the temps get down to a chilly 50F, then i have to put on the heavy coat to
work outdoors.

of course, when i can paint outside at xmas time wearing shorts/no shirt and
have to worry about a sunburn is when i call everyone i know who is
shoveling snow to ask them how it is.

regards,
charlie
cave creek, az

I just bought the kids their season's passes at the local slopes.
Time to get rid of them for an evening. See, there are some definite
up-sides to the snow.

You see, not only do we have about 3" of snow but the people up the
road don't think we have enough so they're making it like it's going
out of style. They get places with 15' to 20' by the time they're
done. It'll last right through to when they open for golfing.
Posted to alt.home.repair
KLS KLS is offline

On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 11:01:08 -0700, "charlie"
wrote:

of course, when i can paint outside at xmas time wearing shorts/no shirt and
have to worry about a sunburn is when i call everyone i know who is
shoveling snow to ask them how it is.

Of course. Should we exchange phone numbers so I can call you in
the middle of summer when I have a nice calm sunny 70F day to check on
how you're doing?
Posted to alt.home.repair

KLS wrote in
:

wrote:

of course, when i can paint outside at xmas time wearing shorts/no
shirt and have to worry about a sunburn is when i call everyone i know
who is shoveling snow to ask them how it is.

Of course. Should we exchange phone numbers so I can call you in
the middle of summer when I have a nice calm sunny 70F day to check on
how you're doing?

While most very northern summer days are pleasent, last summer I was
putting a roof on a house and it was calm, sunny and 97 degrees...in VT 40
miles from Canada. Every dog has his day.

Here in NC, roof is just plain off limits July & August. For one it's
suffering stupid. Then there's the fact of doing damage just walking on an
existing roof.

Slightly off topic, but... Robert Allison[_2_] Home Repair 14 March 29th 08 03:54 AM
Slightly OT ... Arfa Daily Electronics Repair 33 December 8th 07 03:22 AM
Slightly OT-Compressors Teejay Woodturning 13 September 22nd 06 04:52 AM
Slightly OT - CTE david lang UK diy 7 August 22nd 05 10:28 AM
Slightly OT : Not sure where to find this Junkyard Engineer Woodworking 6 February 7th 05 03:58 PM