Posted to alt.home.repair

Default TV Plate or ???

I got the funny (aching) back, put cushions on the floor to watch the
ball game or whatever on tv of an evening.

I'm lower than a couch potato. I'm a floor potato. :-)

Also in my second (and last) childhood. Fix supper, carry it in, eat
in front of the tube.

I tilt the supper plate a degree or 2 and the silverware scoots across
the shiny plate, lands on the floor, usually with part of the meal.

Anybody ever seen a no-mess "tv plate" or somesuch with maybe little
apertures for the silverware on the US market??

AQ

"The monkey and the baboon was playing 7-up.
The monkey won the money but he scared to pick it up.
The monkey stumbled, mama.
The baboon fell.
The monkey grab the money and he run like hell!"
- from "Dirty Motherfuyer", Roosevelt Sykes, around 1935
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Alphonse Q Muthafuyer wrote:

I got the funny (aching) back, put cushions on the floor to watch the
ball game or whatever on tv of an evening.

I'm lower than a couch potato. I'm a floor potato. :-)

Also in my second (and last) childhood. Fix supper, carry it in, eat
in front of the tube.

I tilt the supper plate a degree or 2 and the silverware scoots across
the shiny plate, lands on the floor, usually with part of the meal.

Anybody ever seen a no-mess "tv plate" or somesuch with maybe little
apertures for the silverware on the US market??

AQ

"The monkey and the baboon was playing 7-up.
The monkey won the money but he scared to pick it up.
The monkey stumbled, mama.
The baboon fell.
The monkey grab the money and he run like hell!"
- from "Dirty Motherfuyer", Roosevelt Sykes, around 1935

I've got some things that I use for salad and for pasta. Big like a
plate. Flat bottom like a plate. Lip like a bowl. Not one of those
restaurant soup bowls with a big wide brim. No brim at all. It's really
a plate with sides, but you'd call it a bowl I suppose.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Alphonse Q Muthafuyer wrote in
:

I got the funny (aching) back, put cushions on the floor to watch the
ball game or whatever on tv of an evening.

I'm lower than a couch potato. I'm a floor potato. :-)

Also in my second (and last) childhood. Fix supper, carry it in, eat
in front of the tube.

I tilt the supper plate a degree or 2 and the silverware scoots across
the shiny plate, lands on the floor, usually with part of the meal.

Anybody ever seen a no-mess "tv plate" or somesuch with maybe little
apertures for the silverware on the US market??

AQ

"The monkey and the baboon was playing 7-up.
The monkey won the money but he scared to pick it up.
The monkey stumbled, mama.
The baboon fell.
The monkey grab the money and he run like hell!"
- from "Dirty Motherfuyer", Roosevelt Sykes, around 1935

Try watching what you are doing. You should know how to eat without
making a mess. If you can't do that then eat somewhere where a mess is
moot...like a child eats in a highchair in a room with vinyl floor.

I suppose you could put one of the plastic pool shells on the floor, toss
in the pillows, bring in the plate and slobber all over.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 05 Sep 2008 21:35:55 -0700, Smitty Two wrote:

I've got some things that I use for salad and for pasta. Big like a
plate. Flat bottom like a plate. Lip like a bowl. Not one of those
restaurant soup bowls with a big wide brim. No brim at all. It's really
a plate with sides, but you'd call it a bowl I suppose.

Still commercially available? If so, from where?

If I hadda wood lathe, I'd maybe make my own, but ...

Thx,
AQ

"The monkey and the baboon was playing 7-up.
The monkey won the money but he scared to pick it up.
The monkey stumbled, mama.
The baboon fell.
The monkey grab the money and he run like hell!"
- from "Dirty Motherfuyer", Roosevelt Sykes, around 1935
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 06 Sep 2008 11:17:29 -0500, Alphonse Q Muthafuyer
wrote:

On Fri, 05 Sep 2008 21:35:55 -0700, Smitty Two wrote:

I've got some things that I use for salad and for pasta. Big like a
plate. Flat bottom like a plate. Lip like a bowl. Not one of those
restaurant soup bowls with a big wide brim. No brim at all. It's really
a plate with sides, but you'd call it a bowl I suppose.

Still commercially available? If so, from where?

If I hadda wood lathe, I'd maybe make my own, but ...

Try medical supply stores. Search for "inner lip plate".

Jim

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I've got some things that I use for salad and for pasta. Big like a
plate. Flat bottom like a plate. Lip like a bowl. Not one of those
restaurant soup bowls with a big wide brim. No brim at all. It's really
a plate with sides, but you'd call it a bowl I suppose.

Still commercially available? If so, from where?

If I hadda wood lathe, I'd maybe make my own, but ...

I dunno. Ex-g.f. picked them up at an upscale restaurant "yard sale" a
few years back. I've actually never seen them anywhere before or since.
Posted to alt.home.repair

http://www.rehabmart.com/imagesfromrd/MDK-745270000.jpg

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Fri, 05 Sep 2008 21:35:55 -0700, Smitty Two wrote:

I've got some things that I use for salad and for pasta. Big like a
plate. Flat bottom like a plate. Lip like a bowl. Not one of those
restaurant soup bowls with a big wide brim. No brim at all. It's really
a plate with sides, but you'd call it a bowl I suppose.

Still commercially available? If so, from where?

If I hadda wood lathe, I'd maybe make my own, but ...

Try medical supply stores. Search for "inner lip plate".

Jim

Lordy. Go through the housewares aisle at the local megalo-mart, and
find the round Pyrex pie pans. I think they will fit the bill for what
OP wants. 9-11 inches in diameter, just like a dinner plate, but with a
good lip around the edges to prevent carpet oopsies. That is what I use
for the Big Salads they say I have to eat instead of a real dinner, at
least 2-3 times a week. The Pyrex is a lot easier to wash than
chef-salad-size salad bowls, which are almost always plastic and get
scratched up, and aren't diswasher-safe. (Not that that stops me...)

Having said all that- OP needs a TV in the kitchen, and some new kitchen
chairs. I used to eat hunched over at the coffee table too, until my
back started acting middle-aged. (That, and my eyes got so I couldn't
read the newspaper sitting under the dinner plate on the coffee table
any more, either, but I digress....)

--
aem sends...

The plate CJ[_2_] Woodturning 3 March 27th 08 04:26 PM
register plate VisionSet UK diy 0 April 11th 07 10:22 PM
0.125 Cu plate strength Wood Butcher Metalworking 11 July 4th 05 04:56 PM
sine plate [email protected] Metalworking 3 May 16th 05 04:24 PM
BBQ Plate? BIGEYE Metalworking 40 February 15th 05 10:53 PM