Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default The plate

JD is my teacher and he showed me this group today and I would just
like to thank all of you for your comments on the plate that I did. I
really appreciate it. I have just joined this group to hopefully learn
more about the canvas I use. Thank you once again for all of your
comments they mean a lot.
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Mar 26, 3:06 pm, Maxwell Lol wrote:

Welcome. Remeber - there will always be someone who won't like it,
but the silent majority outnumber the complainers about 1000 to

Welcome CJ, and congratulations once again on a fine job. If you do
participate here, be sure and remember that it is unmoderated, which
means anyone can say anything they want at any time. There are no
rules for posting.

But be confident and post away. Like Maxwell said, there are many
more that lurk and don't post than the other way around. Shyness
isn't really a virtue in the world of the internet, so let us hear
from you.

Think of this as a typical schoolyard, and you will be fine. Some
folks you would love to be around and others you would just as soon
not.

I think you have a lot of talent, and I feel like I am speaking for
many more when we hope to see more of your work. If you could though,
get one of your friends to help JD with his camera work, OK?

;^)

Robert

1. Some of us are crabby old codgers who complain about everything,
but if you can ignore us, and the off-topic discussions, you'd get
along fine.

Great work on the plate!

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 10:54:34 -0700 (PDT), CJ wrote:

JD is my teacher and he showed me this group today and I would just
like to thank all of you for your comments on the plate that I did. I
really appreciate it. I have just joined this group to hopefully learn
more about the canvas I use. Thank you once again for all of your
comments they mean a lot.

Welcome, Mary...

My wife does pyrography and sells at shows and when I showed her the picture of
your fish she was blown away!

You're very good and will get better with experience... you've already got a
great teacher who cares about his students..

I'd suggest subscribing to the
alt.binaries.pictures. woodworking
if you haven't yet..

Lots of inspiring pictures there, and hopefully more of your work!

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

A square-ish plate TJ Woodworking Plans and Photos 23 December 19th 07 02:17 AM
0.125 Cu plate strength Wood Butcher Metalworking 11 July 4th 05 04:56 PM
Best way to cut plate straight [email protected] Metalworking 20 April 7th 05 10:48 AM
BBQ Plate? BIGEYE Metalworking 40 February 15th 05 10:53 PM
BBQ Plate Question? BIGEYE UK diy 3 February 14th 05 10:46 PM