Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Andy Rooney said on '60 Minutes' - Right on, Andy!

Nutty News New York - Andy Rooney said on '60 Minutes' a few weeks
back:
- I don't think being a minority makes you a victim of anything except
numbers. The only things I can think of that are truly discriminatory
are things like the United Negro College Fund, Jet Magazine, Black
Entertainment Television, and Miss Black America. Try to have things
like the United Caucasian College Fund, Cloud Magazine, White
Entertainment Television, or Miss White America; and see what
happens... Jesse Jackson will be knocking down your door.
- Guns do not make you a killer. I think killing makes you a killer.
You can kill someone with a baseball bat or a car, but no one is
trying to ban you from driving to the ball game.
- I believe they are called the Boy Scouts for a reason, which is why
there are no girls allowed. Girls belong in the Girl Scouts! ARE YOU
LISTENING MARTHA BURKE?
- I think that if you feel homosexuality is wrong, it is not a phobia,
it is an opinion.
- I have the right 'NOT' to be tolerant of others because they are
different, weird, or tick me off.
- When 70% of the people who get arrested are black, in cities where
70% of the population is black, that is not racial profiling; it is
the Law of Probability.
- I believe that if you are selling me a milkshake, a pack of
cigarettes, a newspaper or a hotel room, you must do it in English! As
a matter of fact, if you want to be an American citizen, you should
have to speak English! My father and grandfather didn't die in vain so
you can leave the countries you were born in to come over and
disrespect ours!
- I think the police should have every right to shoot you if you
threaten them after they tell you to stop. If you can't understand the
word 'freeze' or 'stop' in English, see the above lines.
- I don't think just because you were not born in this country, you
are qualified for any special loan programs, government sponsored bank
loans or tax breaks, etc., so you can open a hotel, coffee shop,
trinket store, or any other business.
- We did not go to the aid of certain foreign countries, and risk our
lives in wars to defend their freedoms, so that decades later they
could come over here and tell us our Constitution is a living
document, and open to their interpretations.
- I don't hate the rich - I don't pity the poor.
- I know pro-wrestling is fake, but so are movies and television. That
doesn't stop you from watching them.
- I think Bill Gates has every right to keep every penny he made and
continue to make more. If it ticks you off, go and invent the next
operating system that's better, and put your name on the building.
- It doesn't take a whole village to raise a child right, but it does
take a parent to stand up to the kid; and smack their little behinds
when necessary, and just say 'NO!'
- I think tattoos and piercing are fine if you want them, but please
don't pretend they are a political statement. And, please, stay home
until that new lip ring heals. I don't want to look at your ugly
infected mouth as you serve me French fries!
- I am sick of 'Political Correctness.' I know a lot of black people,
and not a single one of them was born in Africa; so how can they be
'African-Americans'? Besides, Africa is a continent. I don't go around
saying I am a European-American because my great, great, great, great,
great, great grandfather was from Europe. I am proud to be from
America and nowhere else. And if you don't like my point of view,
tough... Andy Rooney
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 12:41:09 -0400, metspitzer
wrote:

Nutty News New York - Andy Rooney said on '60 Minutes' a few weeks
back:
- I don't think being a minority makes you a victim of anything except
numbers. The only things I can think of that are truly discriminatory
are things like the United Negro College Fund, Jet Magazine, Black
Entertainment Television, and Miss Black America. Try to have things
like the United Caucasian College Fund, Cloud Magazine, White
Entertainment Television, or Miss White America; and see what
happens... Jesse Jackson will be knocking down your door.

You are an idiot

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/rooney4.asp
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Nutty News New York - Andy Rooney said on '60 Minutes' a few weeks
back:
- I don't think being a minority makes you a victim of anything except
numbers. The only things I can think of that are truly discriminatory
are things like the United Negro College Fund, Jet Magazine, Black
Entertainment Television, and Miss Black America. Try to have things
like the United Caucasian College Fund, Cloud Magazine, White
Entertainment Television, or Miss White America; and see what
happens... Jesse Jackson will be knocking down your door.

You are an idiot

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/rooney4.asp

And furthermore- while looking for a page where I could quote this
passage I found a pretty good bio of the old curmudgeon;
http://americanhistory.suite101.com/...oney_biography
"Some of the remarks, which I will not repeat here, are viciously
racist and the spirit of the whole thing is nasty, mean and totally
inconsistent with my philosophy of life.”

*That's* the Andy I know and love.

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

He has also said on more than one occasion that if he could find the
author, he would sue them. Maybe I should call him and give him:

metspitzer

I actually have the phone number that rings at his desk. I called him
once about something in which we shared a mutual interest.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 12:41:09 -0400, metspitzer wrote:

Nutty News New York - Andy Rooney said on '60 Minutes' a few weeks back:

{snip}

Honest, I have to think that entire quote would never, NEVER get past a
large corporation like CBS, or its parent corporation. Just won't happen.

Any such broadcasting of that choice of inflammatory wording would be
condemned by all kinds of people. This is not Political Correctness, the
wording is blatantly insulting and denigrating to all kinds of fellow
Americans. Mr Rooney is a fine and civilized person plus he is a noted
journalist and wordsmith. It is not conceivable it would ever cross his
mind to write and publicly speak such BS worded statements. His long
history of as a journalist and wordsmith would have prevented it.
Besides, Andy would have been very publicly fired, and cable news shows
would have gone on for weeks. And 60 minutes (and CBS) would have been
humiliated.

I agree with salty's reply to this posting thread. Read the denial that
the quote posted attributed to Andy Rooney was never broadcast.

Phil

Posted to alt.home.repair

metspitzer wrote:

Nutty News New York - Andy Rooney said on '60 Minutes' a few weeks
back:

- I don't think being a minority makes you a victim of anything except
numbers. The only things I can think of that are truly discriminatory
are things like the United Negro College Fund, Jet Magazine, Black
Entertainment Television, and Miss Black America. Try to have things
like the United Caucasian College Fund, Cloud Magazine, White
Entertainment Television, or Miss White America; and see what
happens... Jesse Jackson will be knocking down your door.

Andy Rooney never said that, and you should have known better.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 12:41:09 -0400, metspitzer wrote:
Nutty News New York - Andy Rooney said on '60 Minutes' a few weeks
back:
- I don't think being a minority makes you a victim of anything except
numbers. The only things I can think of that are truly discriminatory
are things like the United Negro College Fund, Jet Magazine, Black
Entertainment Television, and Miss Black America. Try to have things
like the United Caucasian College Fund, Cloud Magazine, White

Not this old turd again. Why can't the authors of such garbage take
credit for their own work instead of attributing them to celebraties
such as George Carlin, etc., or the latest victim Andy Rooney.
Posted to alt.home.repair

larry moe 'n curly wrote:
metspitzer wrote:

Nutty News New York - Andy Rooney said on '60 Minutes' a few weeks
back:

- I don't think being a minority makes you a victim of anything
except numbers. The only things I can think of that are truly
discriminatory are things like the United Negro College Fund, Jet
Magazine, Black Entertainment Television, and Miss Black America.
Try to have things like the United Caucasian College Fund, Cloud
Magazine, White Entertainment Television, or Miss White America; and
see what happens... Jesse Jackson will be knocking down your door.

Andy Rooney never said that, and you should have known better.

Maybe not, but it's all true. Political correctness has become a cancer
upon our society. When one can't state their observations for fear that
they immediately be branded a racist there is something wrong with that.
The only thing I can find wrong with the original post is accreditation to
the wrong person.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 22:40:06 -0400, "fair minded guy"
wrote:

larry moe 'n curly wrote:
metspitzer wrote:

[...]

Attributed to the "wrong person" because the "right person" knew it
was bull**** and didn't want to be associatesd with such juvenile
nonsense. They just wanted to watch a certain target audience of
nitwits jump to the stink-bait. Congratulations on being a good
audience.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

larry moe 'n curly wrote:
metspitzer wrote:

[...]

Please detail which of those points in the OP you disagree with and why.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 06:36:30 -0400, "fair minded guy"

wrote:

larry moe 'n curly wrote:
metspitzer wrote:

[...]

After you suck my dick, loser. Get busy!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 19:01:55 -0400, "fair minded guy"

wrote:

Please detail which of those points in the OP you disagree with and
why.

After you suck my dick, loser. Get busy!

Is that something Andy Rooney would say instead?

Deeper!

D'ja ever REALLY study a nice piece of furniture? - in my best Andy Rooney voice charlie b Woodworking 14 May 31st 06 07:35 AM
Andy Dingley AAvK Woodworking 0 November 21st 05 02:23 PM
One for Andy Hall :-) david lang UK diy 21 October 12th 05 12:00 PM
Hey Andy, could this have been what you saw? John Rumm UK diy 16 January 30th 05 10:58 PM
Andy D need your help AAvK Woodworking 17 October 11th 04 02:12 PM