Posted to alt.home.repair
fair minded guy fair minded guy is offline

Default OT Andy Rooney said on '60 Minutes' - Right on, Andy!

wrote:
On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 22:40:06 -0400, "fair minded guy"
wrote:

larry moe 'n curly wrote:
metspitzer wrote:

Nutty News New York - Andy Rooney said on '60 Minutes' a few weeks
back:

- I don't think being a minority makes you a victim of anything
except numbers. The only things I can think of that are truly
discriminatory are things like the United Negro College Fund, Jet
Magazine, Black Entertainment Television, and Miss Black America.
Try to have things like the United Caucasian College Fund, Cloud
Magazine, White Entertainment Television, or Miss White America;
and see what happens... Jesse Jackson will be knocking down your
door.

Andy Rooney never said that, and you should have known better.

Maybe not, but it's all true. Political correctness has become a
cancer upon our society. When one can't state their observations
for fear that they immediately be branded a racist there is
something wrong with that. The only thing I can find wrong with the
original post is accreditation to the wrong person.

Attributed to the "wrong person" because the "right person" knew it
was bull**** and didn't want to be associatesd with such juvenile
nonsense. They just wanted to watch a certain target audience of
nitwits jump to the stink-bait. Congratulations on being a good
audience.

Please detail which of those points in the OP you disagree with and why.