Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default OT Andy Rooney said on '60 Minutes' - Right on, Andy!

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 12:48:45 -0400, wrote:

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 12:41:09 -0400, metspitzer
wrote:

Nutty News New York - Andy Rooney said on '60 Minutes' a few weeks
back:
- I don't think being a minority makes you a victim of anything except
numbers. The only things I can think of that are truly discriminatory
are things like the United Negro College Fund, Jet Magazine, Black
Entertainment Television, and Miss Black America. Try to have things
like the United Caucasian College Fund, Cloud Magazine, White
Entertainment Television, or Miss White America; and see what
happens... Jesse Jackson will be knocking down your door.

You are an idiot

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/rooney4.asp

And furthermore- while looking for a page where I could quote this
passage I found a pretty good bio of the old curmudgeon;
http://americanhistory.suite101.com/...oney_biography
"Some of the remarks, which I will not repeat here, are viciously
racist and the spirit of the whole thing is nasty, mean and totally
inconsistent with my philosophy of life.”

*That's* the Andy I know and love.

Jim