Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Repairing Cracks in Poured Concrete Walls

Previously, I posted a query about repairing cracks in poured concrete
basement walls. One product I have seen is called "Radon Seal". This
product appears to have nothing to do with radon but about preventing water
leaks. Does anyone have any experience with this product? Are there other
suggestions? Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 16, 11:40*pm, "Ultraglide"
wrote:
Previously, I posted a query about repairing cracks in poured concrete
basement walls. *One product I have seen is called "Radon Seal". *This
product appears to have nothing to do with radon *but about preventing water
leaks. *Does anyone have any experience with this product? *Are there other
suggestions? *Thanks.

If the wall is not stable and cracks indicate it is not, you will
not be able to permanently fix it. The question is why are there
cracks. Without answering that question, it is of little use trying
to do much.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 16, 11:40�pm, "Ultraglide"
wrote:
Previously, I posted a query about repairing cracks in poured concrete
basement walls. �One product I have seen is called "Radon Seal". �This
product appears to have nothing to do with radon �but about preventing water
leaks. �Does anyone have any experience with this product? �Are there other
suggestions? �Thanks.

are you concerned about radon? or water infiltration?

its impossible to seal water out

so where does the water come from? leaky gutters? downspouts that dont
carry the water far from the home? does the ground slope away from
your home? big hill behind house sending groundwater your way? do your
neighbors have troubles?

too much water can cause ground movement, and cause cracks.

so again whats your specific problem?