Posted to alt.home.repair

Default End of alt.hvac

On Jun 29, 11:38*am, "Cheri" gserviceatinreachdotcom wrote:
Caesar Romano wrote in message ...
On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 21:17:23 -0400, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote Re End of alt.hvac:

wrote in message
* By the end of this
year alt.hvac will be dust in the wind. *How sad for me as I

started
this NG and will have to die with it.

Thanks, that's great news !

Unless some of those jerks start showing up here. Of course, if that
happens we can always run them off.

I have never had a rude HVAC person IRL. I suspect that's because
they're really busy, actually making a good living at it too, instead
of spending the day posting rude answers and talking down to people in
a newsgroup.

Cheri

Now all those hvacers will be ruining this group, maybe althvac should
not be shut down
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote Re End of alt.hvac:

wrote in message
By the end of this
year alt.hvac will be dust in the wind. How sad for me as I started
this NG and will have to die with it.

Thanks, that's great news !

Unless some of those jerks start showing up here. Of course, if that
happens we can always run them off.

Bite Me Home Moaner **** Ant

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

'With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.'
HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's
Free demo now available online http://pmilligan.net/palm/
Posted to alt.home.repair

--
Click here every day to feed an animal that needs you today !!!http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

'With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.'
HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's
Free demo now available onlinehttp://pmilligan.net/palm/

HERE WEEE go its PJM here to ruin everything, you ruined one group,
and havnt learned anything.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 08:43:02 -0700 (PDT), RicodJour
wrote Re End of alt.hvac:

On Jun 29, 9:29 am, "Noon-Air" wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I like the work, it just ****es me off that there are so
many who don't have a clue and either hose it up themselves, or get hosed by
the lowest bidder. *Most* of my customers don't know what it takes or what
it costs to run a business, they only know that when I ease their pain, they
are comfortable..in a lot of cases, with new customers, they are comfortable
in their homes for the first time.

That's the same in any contracting business, right? There are plenty
of people in many walks of life who share the pain. No point in
getting ****ed off about it.

Good advice as it's the same in almost any business or line of work.
Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

Default True: End of alt.hvac

ALOE.org wrote:

**** off, top-posting bitch.

Ahh, you're an easy one to **** off, aren't you? Good.

No. That's his normal state. When agitated or upset he screams like a little
girl with a toad down her dress.

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

wrote:
I did some extensive research and it is true, the alt. hierarchy will
not be carried by several providers. Unfortunately these are "major"
carriers so many users won't have access to this NG or even know about
(who cares about those ****in home moaners anyhow).
This puts me and my newsgroup alt.hvac into a dilemma.

You can still access them from free news servers. If you google for
"free news servers" you will find a number of them, and there are others
that have minimal annual changes.

And if you are truly desperate, there is always *holding nose* Google
Groups.
Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

"Zyp" wrote in message
news:6IGdnWupGs_ijvXVnZ2dnUVZ_sLinZ2d@championbroa dband.com...
RicodJour wrote:
On Jun 29, 9:29 am, "Noon-Air" wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I like the work, it just ****es me off that
there are so many who don't have a clue and either hose it up
themselves, or get hosed by the lowest bidder. *Most* of my
customers don't know what it takes or what it costs to run a
business, they only know that when I ease their pain, they are
comfortable..in a lot of cases, with new customers, they are
comfortable in their homes for the first time.

That's the same in any contracting business, right? There are plenty
of people in many walks of life who share the pain. No point in
getting ****ed off about it.

Of course, on the flip side, there are plenty of people who run
businesses who think other people that run businesses don't know what
they're doing. I personally like educating people. It's half of the
fun of selling. When you're talking to someone who is a bit dubious
at the start, it's a kick to see the little light come on in their
eyes when you've taken the time to explain things to them, and you
know you've made a sale. People that don't enjoy selling and
explaining should hire someone who does.

Is that like the home-owner who called us to come out and perform a tune
up. [First time customer who received a recommendation to call us by the
local utility.] After pressure and temperature analysis, I explained her
system was overcharged and we'd be happy to correct it at 'no additional
charge.' She *declined* to have us remove the excess which is fine by me.
[Two years ago, a service company -(which is no longer in business) had
added refrigerant to her system on a complaint of insufficient cooling.]
I explained the consequences of leaving the system overcharge. Upon
signing the bill, [where I noted that there would likely be an increase of
20% energy use by having her system run in an overcharge state] she
"thought" the utility company was going to 'change' her kWh rate based on
what I wrote. ???? I made every attempt to explain that no, the rate the
utility company charges won't change, it's just she was using 20% more
electricity than needed. She still didn't get it.

Was she blonde also??

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair
Zyp Zyp is offline

RicodJour wrote:
[...]

Damn Noon-Air;

You're good. I knew I was in trouble when I glanced at here laptop on the
kitchen counter. It had white out all over the screen.

--
Zyp

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair
Zyp Zyp is offline

ransley wrote:
On Jun 28, 2:25 pm, wrote:
I did some extensive research and it is true, the alt. hierarchy will
not be carried by several providers. Unfortunately these are "major"
carriers so many users won't have access to this NG or even know
about (who cares about those ****in home moaners anyhow).
This puts me and my newsgroup alt.hvac into a dilemma.

Though I've been banned from the professional web based hvac forums,
will find a way for my followers to keep with me. By the end of this
.

--
Click here every day to feed an animal that needs you today
!!!http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

'With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.'
HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's
Free demo now available onlinehttp://pmilligan.net/palm/

The only folererws you have are Fool hacks

What's a [folererws]?

--
Zyp

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

Moe Jones wrote:
wrote:
I did some extensive research and it is true, the alt. hierarchy will
not be carried by several providers. Unfortunately these are "major"
carriers so many users won't have access to this NG or even know about
(who cares about those ****in home moaners anyhow).
This puts me and my newsgroup alt.hvac into a dilemma.

Though I've been banned from the professional web based hvac forums, I
will find a way for my followers to keep with me. By the end of this
year alt.hvac will be dust in the wind. How sad for me as I started
this NG and will have to die with it.
.

Heck I am a retired HVAC Service Technician and I found your NG to be very
unprofessional and never understanding how you all could treat home owners
the way you do.
Being in the business for 30 years plus you know if the home owner can
repair their problem them self's it good but if they **** it up it will cost
them more to get it repaired.
I say leave it up to them to decide.

Ay bin in de Biznus for 3 seconds an Ay can tell U de hack dat swept out
de vans.
Not vary gud eder! ;-)

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

JoeJo wrote:
Paul , I do believe this faggot has a crush on you. ;-)
** Posted fromhttp://www.teranews.com**

So it's true then that there are a lot of homos in alt.hvac

From alt.homemoaners. They seem to be trolling where real men hang out.
I don't see any horns on you, and I do see a HomeMoaners NG that your
posting from.. I think its safe to assume that your one of the
Untermensch queers. ;-p
Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

On Jun 29, 6:58 pm, "Zyp" wrote:
RicodJour wrote:
[...]

Or the time, when I was willing to drive out of the area for work,
traveling an hour and being handed a mimeographed sheet (guy was a
teacher and I'm dating myself) that started off, "Dear Mr. Contractor"
and had a list of what they wanted done. I'm guessing they were
planning on getting twenty or thirty bids and picking the lowest one.
It happens to everybody.

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

"Zyp" wrote in
news:CsmdnVN9woxovPXVnZ2dnUVZ_qjinZ2d@championbroa dband.com:

RicodJour wrote:
[...]

No coffee cup in the ejected CD tray?

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

wrote:

I did some extensive research and it is true, the alt. hierarchy will
not be carried by several providers. Unfortunately these are "major"
carriers so many users won't have access to this NG or even know about
(who cares about those ****in home moaners anyhow).
This puts me and my newsgroup alt.hvac into a dilemma.

Though I've been banned from the professional web based hvac forums, I
will find a way for my followers to keep with me. By the end of this
year alt.hvac will be dust in the wind. How sad for me as I started
this NG and will have to die with it.
.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

'With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.'
HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's
Free demo now available online http://pmilligan.net/palm/

It's the end of the world as we know it.

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

Moldy_Cheese wrote in news:486CEC66.67050144
@cheese.yummy:

wrote:

I did some extensive research and it is true, the alt. hierarchy will
not be carried by several providers. Unfortunately these are "major"
carriers so many users won't have access to this NG or even know about
(who cares about those ****in home moaners anyhow).
This puts me and my newsgroup alt.hvac into a dilemma.

Though I've been banned from the professional web based hvac forums, I
will find a way for my followers to keep with me. By the end of this
year alt.hvac will be dust in the wind. How sad for me as I started
this NG and will have to die with it.
.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

'With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.'
HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's
Free demo now available online http://pmilligan.net/palm/

It's the end of the world as we know it.

Classic R.E.M. song.

HVAC questions welcomed at alt.hvac Larry F Home Repair 20 December 30th 05 04:40 AM
HVAC questions welcomed at alt.hvac m Ransley Home Repair 0 December 28th 05 03:35 PM
please post your HVAC questions to alt.hvac hawaiian Home Repair 4 December 9th 05 06:20 AM
HVAC Kathy Home Repair 2 May 8th 05 12:54 AM
Hvac hvacguru Home Repair 2 April 29th 05 05:41 PM