Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default End of alt.hvac

"Zyp" wrote in
news:CsmdnVN9woxovPXVnZ2dnUVZ_qjinZ2d@championbroa dband.com:

Noon-Air wrote:
"Zyp" wrote in message
news:6IGdnWupGs_ijvXVnZ2dnUVZ_sLinZ2d@championbroa dband.com...
RicodJour wrote:
On Jun 29, 9:29 am, "Noon-Air" wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I like the work, it just ****es me off that
there are so many who don't have a clue and either hose it up
themselves, or get hosed by the lowest bidder. *Most* of my
customers don't know what it takes or what it costs to run a
business, they only know that when I ease their pain, they are
comfortable..in a lot of cases, with new customers, they are
comfortable in their homes for the first time.

That's the same in any contracting business, right? There are
plenty of people in many walks of life who share the pain. No
point in getting ****ed off about it.

Of course, on the flip side, there are plenty of people who run
businesses who think other people that run businesses don't know
what they're doing. I personally like educating people. It's half
of the fun of selling. When you're talking to someone who is a bit
dubious at the start, it's a kick to see the little light come on
in their eyes when you've taken the time to explain things to them,
and you know you've made a sale. People that don't enjoy selling
and explaining should hire someone who does.

Is that like the home-owner who called us to come out and perform a
tune up. [First time customer who received a recommendation to call
us by the local utility.] After pressure and temperature analysis,
I explained her system was overcharged and we'd be happy to correct
it at 'no additional charge.' She *declined* to have us remove the
excess which is fine by me. [Two years ago, a service company
-(which is no longer in business) had added refrigerant to her
system on a complaint of insufficient cooling.] I explained the
consequences of leaving the system overcharge. Upon signing the
bill, [where I noted that there would likely be an increase of 20%
energy use by having her system run in an overcharge state] she
"thought" the utility company was going to 'change' her kWh rate
based on what I wrote. ???? I made every attempt to explain that
no, the rate the utility company charges won't change, it's just she
was using 20% more electricity than needed. She still didn't get
it.

Was she blonde also??

Damn Noon-Air;

You're good. I knew I was in trouble when I glanced at here laptop on
the kitchen counter. It had white out all over the screen.

No coffee cup in the ejected CD tray?