Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

Default Found crack in cylindrical part inside A/C condenser unit

I had my Central A/C tuned up at the beginning of June. It has been
working nicely, I still am getting cooling. My unit is a 4 ton
Carrier system. It is an older system that uses R22.

Today, I happened to take a peak through the top of the condenser
unit, and noticed that there is a crack in the metal case of light
grey colored cylindrical part.

Here are links to 2 photos:

http://mysite.verizon.net/vzeofpch/cracked_ac.jpg

and

http://mysite.verizon.net/vzeofpch/cracked_ac2.jpg

What part is this? Does the crack in the metal case mean failure will
soon happen...if so how soon? What is the brown stuff I see on the
side of this part below the crack...is this oil? Do I have a freon
leak?

Nobody mentioned this during my tune-up. From the looks of it, it's
hard to believe the crack didn't exist at the beginning of the month
at all, and they didn't need to add any freon because pressure was
fine, and I'm still getting adequate cooling as far as I can tell.

Does anything need to be done?

Thanks,

Jay
Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 17:58:59 -0700 (PDT), JayN
wrote:

I had my Central A/C tuned up at the beginning of June. It has been
working nicely, I still am getting cooling. My unit is a 4 ton
Carrier system. It is an older system that uses R22.

Today, I happened to take a peak through the top of the condenser
unit, and noticed that there is a crack in the metal case of light
grey colored cylindrical part.

Here are links to 2 photos:

http://mysite.verizon.net/vzeofpch/cracked_ac.jpg

and

http://mysite.verizon.net/vzeofpch/cracked_ac2.jpg

What part is this? Does the crack in the metal case mean failure will

It is called 'paint'. Specifically, 'white paint'. I don't
know the part number off hand.

soon happen...if so how soon? What is the brown stuff I see on the
side of this part below the crack...is this oil? Do I have a freon
leak?

It is called 'rust'. Again, I don't have the part number.

Nobody mentioned this during my tune-up. From the looks of it, it's
hard to believe the crack didn't exist at the beginning of the month
at all, and they didn't need to add any freon because pressure was
fine, and I'm still getting adequate cooling as far as I can tell.

Does anything need to be done?

It is called Rustoleum. Sorry, no part number.

Thanks,

Jay

www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

'With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.'
HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's
Free demo online at www.pmilligan.net/palm/
Free 'People finder' program now at www.pmilligan.net/finder.htm
Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

Thanks for the reply (I think). When I asked what part, I was talking
about the whole part.

Are you serious about the crack only being in the paint?
Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

"JayN" wrote in message
I had my Central A/C tuned up at the beginning of June. It has been
working nicely, I still am getting cooling. My unit is a 4 ton
Carrier system. It is an older system that uses R22.

Today, I happened to take a peak through the top of the condenser
unit, and noticed that there is a crack in the metal case of light
grey colored cylindrical part.

Here are links to 2 photos:

http://mysite.verizon.net/vzeofpch/cracked_ac.jpg

and

http://mysite.verizon.net/vzeofpch/cracked_ac2.jpg

What part is this? Does the crack in the metal case mean failure will
soon happen...if so how soon? What is the brown stuff I see on the
side of this part below the crack...is this oil? Do I have a freon
leak?

Accumulator.
Possibly, do you have a crystal ball?
Do you have a picture of the "brown stuff"?

Nobody mentioned this during my tune-up. From the looks of it, it's
hard to believe the crack didn't exist at the beginning of the month
at all, and they didn't need to add any freon because pressure was
fine, and I'm still getting adequate cooling as far as I can tell.

Pressures???
How about superheat and subcooling???

Does anything need to be done?

Can't see or test it through my computer screen... and my crystal ball is in
for repair.

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

Can't see or test it through my computer screen... and my crystal ball is in
for repair.- Hide quoted text -

We would not be having this conversation if I had not noticed what is
shown in the photos. Do the photos reveal that something is seriously
wrong with the part or is it just a crack in the paint as someone else
had suggested?

Thanks,

J.

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

Are you serious about the crack only being in the paint?

* * * * Yep.

Okay, thanks.

J.

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

"JayN" wrote in message
[...]

Jay,

I am guessing that the light-colored cylindrical part you have photographed
is a large electrolytic capacitor, typically used to start the outdoor
condensing unit. It is very difficult to tell from the photo you provided.
It could be a receiver/drier, a low ambient kit, or other refrigerant part,
but I doubt it.

It is very unlikely that you are leaking freon based on your comment that
cooling is adequate. My advice would also be to not worry about this item.
If and when it does fail, you will need to deal with it then, most likely
with a complaint that your outdoor condensing unit does not appear to be
operating.

Maybe some of the "experts" on this newsgroup can offer better advice. Based
on my participation on Usenet and Arpanet dating back to the 1980's, I must
say that I have never seen a more pathetic collection of people than I have
encountered here. Many questions are answered with snide, sarcastic remarks
by people have sniffed far too many chlorinated and fluorinated
hydrocarbons. Some questions are ignored altogether. You might consider
posing your question at alt.home.repair or one of the HVAC forums on the
Internet. This newsgroup is about as dysfunctional as any I have every seen.

Smarty

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

"JayN" wrote in message
Can't see or test it through my computer screen... and my crystal ball is
in
for repair.- Hide quoted text -

We would not be having this conversation if I had not noticed what is
shown in the photos. Do the photos reveal that something is seriously
wrong with the part or is it just a crack in the paint as someone else
had suggested?

More than likely just a crack in the paint... unless the "brown stuff" looks
oily.

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair
Zyp Zyp is offline

JayN wrote:
Can't see or test it through my computer screen... and my crystal
ball is in for repair.- Hide quoted text -

We would not be having this conversation if I had not noticed what is
shown in the photos. Do the photos reveal that something is seriously
wrong with the part or is it just a crack in the paint as someone else
had suggested?

Thanks,

J.

JayN;

The part is a suction line accumulator which was / is prevalent in Carrier's
product line during the 1980's 38TH------301 comes to mind. Aluminum coil,
MD Carlyle compressor....

The accumulator has sweated so much [from being overcharge with refrigerant]
that the paint, has let go and rust is setting in. [Steel vessel]. Soon,
it will start leaking refrigerant.

Your best bet? Call your local HVAC contractor [licensed and insured] and
get a bid for replacement of the complete system. Upgrading will cut your
electrical use [when the air conditioning is on] comparatively in half. The
EER of those earlier units was in the 9.5's - the newer stuff to day is much
more efficient.

--
Zyp

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 22:00:33 -0400, "Smarty"
wrote:

"JayN" wrote in message
[...]

Dude - you're out of your area. Stick to electricity.

It's an accumulator, and regardless of how you probably relate
that word ( and the word 'condensor', knowing you :-) ) to
'capacitor', it's not.

It's a hollow steel cylinder with an inlet and an outlet pipe,
no wires. Liquid refrigerant goes in, vapor comes out ( in normal
operation ).

Thus, it gets cold. Contracts and expands. Sweats. Thus
the strain on the paint. Which separates sometimes.

Maybe some of the "experts" on this newsgroup can offer better advice. Based
on my participation on Usenet and Arpanet dating back to the 1980's, I must
say that I have never seen a more pathetic collection of people than I have
encountered here. Many questions are answered with snide, sarcastic remarks

Like the one you just threw out ? Dont' get ****ign ****y all
of a sudden. Especially on a post where you just gave the most
incorrect answer imaginable.

by people have sniffed far too many chlorinated and fluorinated
hydrocarbons. Some questions are ignored altogether. You might consider
posing your question at alt.home.repair or one of the HVAC forums on the
Internet. This newsgroup is about as dysfunctional as any I have every seen.

Then what the **** are you doing here handing out wrong
answers ?

I appreciated some of your comments in your area, electical,
but you are ****ing UNDER WATER on this one, so STFU.

And leave if you don't like it.

www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

'With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.'
HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's
Free demo online at www.pmilligan.net/palm/
Free 'People finder' program now at www.pmilligan.net/finder.htm
Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

wrote:

I had my Central A/C tuned up at the beginning of June. It has been
working nicely, I still am getting cooling. My unit is a 4 ton
Carrier system. It is an older system that uses R22.

Today, I happened to take a peak through the top of the condenser
unit, and noticed that there is a crack in the metal case of light
grey colored cylindrical part.

Here are links to 2 photos:

http://mysite.verizon.net/vzeofpch/cracked_ac.jpg

and

http://mysite.verizon.net/vzeofpch/cracked_ac2.jpg

What part is this? Does the crack in the metal case mean failure will

It is called 'paint'. Specifically, 'white paint'. I don't
know the part number off hand.

I think he better replace it... didn't you know that they turn white upon
failure?
The normal color is black, like this one...
http://tinyurl.com/4owtw3

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

I think he better replace it... didn't you know that they turn white upon
failure?
The normal color is black, like this one...http://tinyurl.com/4owtw3- Hide quoted text -

Maybe it has gone grey in its' old age!

Wondering what the replacement of that part would typically cost with
parts and labor?

Thanks.

J.

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

I don't think it's a crack in the paint. To me, it looks like enamel, or
possibly plastic. More likely plastic. Call your AC guy if you want, but I
am not going to worry any about it.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"JayN" wrote in message
Can't see or test it through my computer screen... and my crystal ball is
in
for repair.- Hide quoted text -

We would not be having this conversation if I had not noticed what is
shown in the photos. Do the photos reveal that something is seriously
wrong with the part or is it just a crack in the paint as someone else
had suggested?

Thanks,

J.

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

wrote:

"JayN" wrote in message
[...]

Don't you just love the smart arse know nothings who think that ****ing
around with a computer since Adam was a boy makes them an expert! Not.

Dave

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

Large electrolytic? Hmm. You have a good imagination. Would that be about
4,000,000 milifarads?

I'd say receiver. Since we're all snide, I need to write "you blind hack!"
We're not disfunctional, we're cantankerous.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

[...]

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

Cumulator? Neat! I guess that would make sense. After all, receiver needs a
high torque comp. And the comp we see has a round shape to it, suggesting
it's a piston model.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Zyp" wrote in message
news:St6dnTVHF6xOBvjVnZ2dnUVZ_obinZ2d@championbroa dband.com...

JayN;

The part is a suction line accumulator which was / is prevalent in Carrier's
product line during the 1980's 38TH------301 comes to mind. Aluminum coil,
MD Carlyle compressor....

The accumulator has sweated so much [from being overcharge with refrigerant]
that the paint, has let go and rust is setting in. [Steel vessel]. Soon,
it will start leaking refrigerant.

Your best bet? Call your local HVAC contractor [licensed and insured] and
get a bid for replacement of the complete system. Upgrading will cut your
electrical use [when the air conditioning is on] comparatively in half. The
EER of those earlier units was in the 9.5's - the newer stuff to day is much
more efficient.

--
Zyp

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

"Dave" wrote in message

wrote in message
On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 22:00:33 -0400, "Smarty"
wrote:

I am guessing

[...]

Cocksucker your free to tell us all about suction line accumulators and
their purpose in refrigeration systems otherwise suggest shut your goddamned
pie-hole.

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

"Zyp" wrote in message
news:NeidnXtFCYUCPfjVnZ2dnUVZ_v_inZ2d@championbroa dband.com...
wrote:

"JayN" wrote in message
[...]

Well I am very glad to see that some useful advice eventually occurred here.
From the photo, my opinion was that it was a capacitor or perhaps a
refrigerant part including a couple which I named. Had I not challenged this
group, we would still be doing the typical slow rolling bull**** here with
paint and rust being the only points of reply to Jay's original question.

I was warned by others on the alt.home.repair newsgroup that this specific
group at alt.hvac was a sorry bunch of losers, and not to post a question I
had earlier in the season here since it would, no doubt, be answered, if at
all, in a snide, sarcastic, pompous, or incomplete way. I have been lurking
and reading here for a month now, and boy were they ever correct. The
majority of questions posed here are treated with a mixture of disrespect
and nonsense which is a waste of everybody's time. A simple reading of the
recent threads shows it clearly.

My first visits to this newsgroup made it painfully obvious that some of the
experts here didn't know squat about electricity yet provided expert advice
as if they did.

I have no desire to continue participating in this group, and will only
inject a comment if either the group refuses to offer any reasonable help to
a totally legitimate question as it did once again tonight to Jay until I
arrived, or if plain and obvious mistakes are being made in any area which
is electrical. By the way, although my engineering degrees are indeed in
electrical engineering, I and all other engineering graduates were required
to take 2 semesters of thermodynamics, 2 semesters of fluid dynamics, and
plenty of physics, materials, and other relevant topics. If you want to talk
entropy, enthalpy, psychometry, superheat, coefficient of performance,
adiabatic processes, or any topic beyond what a friggin' cracked and rusty
part looks like, I will be very glad to discuss it in an intelligent way. I
am not an HVAC technician / mechanic, so I will defer to your expertise if
and when you decide to offer it, which, based on a month of observations, is
pretty rare.

Smarty

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

"over a barrel" wrote in message
news:jPydnRlcE4NxI_jVnZ2dnUVZ_v_inZ2d@scnresearch. com...

"Smarty" wrote in message

although my engineering degrees are indeed in electrical engineering, I

and all other engineering graduates

And you dont even know what a ****ing capacitor looks like ?

He's not an E_lectrical E_ngineer...

He's an E_ducated E_diot...

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

Smarty wrote:

I am guessing that the light-colored cylindrical part you have
photographed is a large electrolytic capacitor, typically used to
start the outdoor condensing unit. It is very difficult to tell from
the photo you provided. It could be a receiver/drier, a low ambient
kit, or other refrigerant part, but I doubt it.

An electrolytic capacitor the size of a quart (maybe gallon) paint can?

You're thinking of a Leyden Jar, last used by Ben Franklin in his famous
kite experiment.

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

Big grin, and smoking a cigarette in bed?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Smarty" wrote in message

although my engineering degrees are indeed in electrical engineering, I

and all other engineering graduates

And you dont even know what a ****ing capacitor looks like ?

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 08:02:10 -0600, Ken wrote:

Smarty wrote:
I will not venture an opinion on what the item is in the original post,
but I WILL agree that this newsgroup is unlike any other I have read.

http://tinyurl.com/2yf5o4

The poster in this thread never suggested for a minute that he was

And he got a very fast and very correct and succinct answer to
his question, one that he understood and now knows.

Then some asshole newbie EE decided to throw some **** around.

Now you've decided to join in.

FOAD, the both of you.

In recognition to the few in this newsgroup who have replied with civil
replies, your comments are duly recognized. To those who post to
mislead or cause harm, you should be ashamed of yourself.

You should STFU. WHo the **** are you to be giving anyoen
here a hard time ? Asshole.

Now have at it and post your vulgarities and wise remarks, as it
appears that many of you have few customers to service. I wonder why???

Maybe it's because I moved out of field work years and years
ago ?

www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

'With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.'
HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's
Free demo online at www.pmilligan.net/palm/
Free 'People finder' program now at www.pmilligan.net/finder.htm

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

Smarty wrote:

"JayN" wrote in message
[...]

The general view by most, is that a question is posted so that the
poster can avoid hiring a HVAC pro. Having read many replies to
questions posted, I can understand why someone would want to avoid such
an action. They probably fear that one they would hire might turn out
to be one of the sarcastic "Pros." Not only have many of the replies
been not helpful, many have suggested actions that would make the
situation worse. It is one thing to refuse to give an opinion or help,
but quite another to suggest an action that would damage the unit or
cost needless money.

The poster in this thread never suggested for a minute that he was
about to fix the unit himself, he simply was trying to ascertain if he
had a serious problem and if it needed immediate attention. Most often
the recommendation is that a poster hire a pro when he posts a question.
That is probably good advice in MOST situations. But even when a
poster reports on a job that a pro had done and whose results were poor,
the poster is criticized for having chosen the wrong pro. In other
words: Don't do anything yourself, hire a pro. But if the pro did
lousy work, it is YOUR fault for having chosen the wrong pro. I cannot
understand how a person who learned a trade, and presumably is proud of
his trade, can ignore bad work by others in that trade.

In recognition to the few in this newsgroup who have replied with civil
replies, your comments are duly recognized. To those who post to
mislead or cause harm, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Now have at it and post your vulgarities and wise remarks, as it
appears that many of you have few customers to service. I wonder why???
Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

"Ken" wrote in message
. ..
Smarty wrote:

"JayN" wrote in message
[...]

but I WILL agree that this newsgroup is unlike any other I have read. The
general view by most, is that a question is posted so that the poster can
avoid hiring a HVAC pro. Having read many replies to questions posted, I
can understand why someone would want to avoid such an action. They
probably fear that one they would hire might turn out to be one of the
sarcastic "Pros." Not only have many of the replies been not helpful,
many have suggested actions that would make the situation worse. It is
one thing to refuse to give an opinion or help, but quite another to
suggest an action that would damage the unit or cost needless money.

The poster in this thread never suggested for a minute that he was about
[...]

Oh boy, another asshole who *thinks* everybody deserves FREE advice on
everything and *if* they don't get that, we should be condemed.
Hey Putz, I have a question, are you Stormy's long lost brother?

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

Yes, there is something peculiar about some (thankfully not all) of the
regulars of alt.hvac that is not seen in other technically oriented groups
or web-based forums. In others if you ask for advice about something that
hints that you are in over your head or creating a danger for yourself or
others they'll certainly tell you so, but nowhere else is there such a
level of condesention and resentment for anyone not part of the high
priesthood asking pretty much anything, even merely, as in this case,
whether or not professional attention is required. It's like they resent
that customers even exist.
Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

If replacing the part would not be cost effective for such an old
system, then I am wondering if there is any chance the life of the
existing part could be extended by wrapping the part with some kind of
tape and/or insulating material to prevent moisture from consensing
directly on the rusty metal casing of that part when the unit is
running?

Thanks,

J.
Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

Schlock on some Rust Oleum. The real stuff, in the pry open top can. Not the
thin runny spray paint stuff.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"JayN" wrote in message
If replacing the part would not be cost effective for such an old
system, then I am wondering if there is any chance the life of the
existing part could be extended by wrapping the part with some kind of
tape and/or insulating material to prevent moisture from consensing
directly on the rusty metal casing of that part when the unit is
running?

Thanks,

J.

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

.

"JayN" wrote in message

If replacing the part would not be cost effective for such an old
system, then I am wondering if there is any chance the life of the
existing part could be extended by wrapping the part with some kind of
tape and/or insulating material to prevent moisture from consensing
directly on the rusty metal casing of that part when the unit is
running?

Thanks,

J.

Would that really stick to the rusty metal? Doesn't the rust have
to be brushed off first in order for the paint to really stick? I
would be scared of using a wire brush to try and prepare the surface
of a tank that is pressurized. Likely the most I could do before
painting it would be to wipe it off with a cloth.

J.
Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 13:31:22 -0500, Big Giant Head
wrote:

Yes, there is something peculiar about some (thankfully not all) of the
regulars of alt.hvac that is not seen in other technically oriented groups
or web-based forums. In others if you ask for advice about something that
hints that you are in over your head or creating a danger for yourself or
others they'll certainly tell you so, but nowhere else is there such a
level of condesention

Yes, all hvac units have condensation.

and resentment for anyone not part of the high
priesthood asking pretty much anything, even merely, as in this case,
whether or not professional attention is required. It's like they resent
that customers even exist.

Asshole - don't give us that 'we're your' customers' bull****.

No, you're not. Youre' asshole looking for a freebie ( that's
fine ), and whining about it when you don't get it ( not so fine ).

Buttwipe.

www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

'With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.'
HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's
Free demo online at www.pmilligan.net/palm/
Free 'People finder' program now at www.pmilligan.net/finder.htm
Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 11:37:16 -0700 (PDT), JayN
wrote:

If replacing the part would not be cost effective for such an old
system, then I am wondering if there is any chance the life of the
existing part could be extended by wrapping the part with some kind of
tape and/or insulating material to prevent moisture from consensing
directly on the rusty metal casing of that part when the unit is
running?

Thanks,

J.

You mean like spraying it with rustoleum ????

Didn't someone already suggest that ?

I could swear someone already suggested that .

www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

'With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.'
HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's
Free demo online at www.pmilligan.net/palm/
Free 'People finder' program now at www.pmilligan.net/finder.htm
Posted to alt.home.repair

JayN wrote:
[...]

In future, PLEASE don't cross-post to alt.hvac AND home-repair.

The comments from the hvac people bleed over and are downright shocking to
the sensibilities of us here on home.repair. When I see some of the vicious
and profanity-laden missives, I get an attack of the vapors and the wife has
to have a lie-down. The attitude on hvac seems to be epitomized by the
Dilbert cartoon:

Panel #1
Dilbert: "I think it's the carburetor."

Panel #2
Mechanic: "You think it's WHAT?"

Panel #3
Dilbert: "I think it's the &#*^@! carburetor."
Mechanic: "Well, why didn't you say so!"

Thank you for your consideration.

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

wrote:

Asshole - don't give us that 'we're your' customers' bull****.

No, you're not. Youre' asshole looking for a freebie ( that's
fine ), and whining about it when you don't get it ( not so fine ).

Buttwipe.

Do you eat food with that mouth?

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 14:58:18 -0500, "HeyBub"

Asshole - don't give us that 'we're your' customers' bull****.

No, you're not. Youre' asshole looking for a freebie ( that's
fine ), and whining about it when you don't get it ( not so fine ).

Buttwipe.

Do you eat food with that mouth?

WHy the hell not ? You suck dicks with yours .....

www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

'With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.'
HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's
Free demo online at www.pmilligan.net/palm/
Free 'People finder' program now at www.pmilligan.net/finder.htm
Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

I'm aware someone had suggested that. Just wondering if it is really
going to stick to the rusty metal. Usually you are expected to scrape
the rust off before painting it with that. I would be afraid to "wire-
brush" something that is pressurized. I suppose I could wipe it off
with a cloth or maybe fine still wool. I'm somewhat skeptical that it
would stick to the rusty metal for any length of time, but I guess I
could try it.

Click here every day to feed an animal that needs you today !!!www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

'With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.'
HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's
Free demo online atwww.pmilligan.net/palm/
Free 'People finder' program now atwww.pmilligan.net/finder.htm

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

wrote:
On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 14:58:18 -0500, "HeyBub"

Asshole - don't give us that 'we're your' customers' bull****.

No, you're not. Youre' asshole looking for a freebie ( that's
fine ), and whining about it when you don't get it ( not so fine ).

Buttwipe.

Do you eat food with that mouth?

WHy the hell not ? You suck dicks with yours .....

Well I was just ASKING. You don't have to get all prissy on me - I'm a
sensitive type.

Do you have a picture to share?

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

"JayN" wrote in message
I'm aware someone had suggested that. Just wondering if it is really
going to stick to the rusty metal. Usually you are expected to scrape
the rust off before painting it with that. I would be afraid to "wire-
brush" something that is pressurized. I suppose I could wipe it off
with a cloth or maybe fine still wool. I'm somewhat skeptical that it
would stick to the rusty metal for any length of time, but I guess I
could try it.

Sheesh... just another google poster.
Go ahead and do what you want..... your gonna do it anyway then whine about
it when you cause more problems. Thats ok though, because either way, your
gonna end up calling somebody who knows WTF they are doing.
Don't bother to listen to any of the master tradesmen in here, that would
make too much sense.
FWIW, that repair should run about $650.

You mean like spraying it with rustoleum ????

Didn't someone already suggest that ?

I could swear someone already suggested that .

--
Click here every day to feed an animal that needs you today
!!!www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

'With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.'
HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's
Free demo online atwww.pmilligan.net/palm/
Free 'People finder' program now atwww.pmilligan.net/finder.htm

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

wrote:
On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 14:58:18 -0500, "HeyBub"

Asshole - don't give us that 'we're your' customers' bull****.

No, you're not. Youre' asshole looking for a freebie ( that's
fine ), and whining about it when you don't get it ( not so fine ).

Buttwipe.

Do you eat food with that mouth?

WHy the hell not ? You suck dicks with yours .....

uuuugh...Would you want that mouth on yours? ;-p