Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair
JayN JayN is offline

Default Found crack in cylindrical part inside A/C condenser unit

On Jun 28, 3:15*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Schlock on some Rust Oleum. The real stuff, in the pry open top can. Not the
thin runny spray paint stuff.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"JayN" wrote in message

If replacing the part would not be cost effective for such an old
system, then I am wondering if there is any chance the life of the
existing part could be extended by wrapping the part with some kind of
tape and/or insulating material to prevent moisture from consensing
directly on the rusty metal casing of that part when the unit is
running?

Thanks,

J.

Would that really stick to the rusty metal? Doesn't the rust have
to be brushed off first in order for the paint to really stick? I
would be scared of using a wire brush to try and prepare the surface
of a tank that is pressurized. Likely the most I could do before
painting it would be to wipe it off with a cloth.

J.