Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

Default Cement grout coloring?

I had many of the bluestones in my patio reset and re-grouted by a
mason. Now the new dry grout (made with portland cement) is a very
different shade of grey than the non-replaced grout which has been
there for upwards of 30 years.

Is there anything I can purchase at Lowes/HD that can soak into the
grout to make it a more uniform color/shade?

Thanks,
Walter
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

On Jun 24, 10:42*am, Wally wrote:
I had many of the bluestones in my patio reset and re-grouted by a
mason. *Now the new dry grout (made with portland cement) is a very
different shade of grey than the non-replaced grout which has been
there for upwards of 30 years.

Is there anything I can purchase at Lowes/HD that can soak into the
grout to make it a more uniform color/shade?

Thanks,
Walter

Not sure if there is anything specific avail for grout, but I would
think one of the semi-transparent concrete stain type products could
be used. Not sure if you can get it perfectly uniform, but it would
probably help even it out.
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

You should grout stain all the grout the same color. You won't be able
to math different runs of portland cement.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

On Jun 24, 10:38*am, bill wrote:
You should grout stain all the grout the same color. You won't be able
to math different runs of portland cement.

The old grout has years of dirt accumulation. I would try bleaching
it, and then restaining everything a darker color like the previous
poster suggested.

BOb HOfmann

coloring GE sealants Leo Tick Home Repair 4 August 15th 07 03:51 AM
floor tiles & grout/cement John Kelly UK diy 3 December 8th 06 07:56 PM
Walnut coloring Keith Woodworking 4 January 9th 06 11:06 PM
does grout sealer make grout waterproof? bob Home Repair 3 October 20th 05 03:53 AM
How to remove cement grout from tiles Pumelke UK diy 2 September 20th 05 01:26 AM