DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Cement grout coloring? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/253895-cement-grout-coloring.html)

Wally June 24th 08 03:42 PM

Cement grout coloring?

I had many of the bluestones in my patio reset and re-grouted by a
mason. Now the new dry grout (made with portland cement) is a very
different shade of grey than the non-replaced grout which has been
there for upwards of 30 years.

Is there anything I can purchase at Lowes/HD that can soak into the
grout to make it a more uniform color/shade?

Thanks,
Walter

[email protected] June 24th 08 03:54 PM

Cement grout coloring?

On Jun 24, 10:42*am, Wally wrote:
I had many of the bluestones in my patio reset and re-grouted by a
mason. *Now the new dry grout (made with portland cement) is a very
different shade of grey than the non-replaced grout which has been
there for upwards of 30 years.

Is there anything I can purchase at Lowes/HD that can soak into the
grout to make it a more uniform color/shade?

Thanks,
Walter

Not sure if there is anything specific avail for grout, but I would
think one of the semi-transparent concrete stain type products could
be used. Not sure if you can get it perfectly uniform, but it would
probably help even it out.

bill June 24th 08 04:38 PM

Cement grout coloring?

You should grout stain all the grout the same color. You won't be able
to math different runs of portland cement.

hr(bob) [email protected] June 24th 08 05:28 PM

Cement grout coloring?

On Jun 24, 10:38*am, bill wrote:
You should grout stain all the grout the same color. You won't be able
to math different runs of portland cement.

The old grout has years of dirt accumulation. I would try bleaching
it, and then restaining everything a darker color like the previous
poster suggested.

BOb HOfmann