Posted to alt.home.repair

Default coloring GE sealants

Can one (not GE)color GE sealants without zapping its performance.
If yes what pigment class (I dont want to paint it)
Posted to alt.home.repair

Repost that make sense

"Leo Tick" wrote in message
Can one (not GE)color GE sealants without zapping its performance.
If yes what pigment class (I dont want to paint it)

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Tony" wrote in message
Repost that make sense

"Leo Tick" wrote in message
Can one (not GE)color GE sealants without zapping its performance.
If yes what pigment class (I dont want to paint it)

My take is that the OP is asking if a consumer can add a tint to GE sealants
without effecting their performance. My question is, 'even if tinting is
possible how are you going go use a batch of tinted sealant which is no
longer in its tube? I guess that you could put it into a cake decorating
bag and use it like a caulking tube'. No flame intended in any what here.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Leo Tick" wrote in message

Can one (not GE)color GE sealants without zapping its performance.
If yes what pigment class (I dont want to paint it)

My take is that the OP is asking if a consumer can add a tint to GE sealants
without effecting their performance. My question is, 'even if tinting is
possible how are you going go use a batch of tinted sealant which is no
longer in its tube? I guess that you could put it into a cake decorating
bag and use it like a caulking tube'. No flame intended in any what here.

Exactly. Done it with silicone sealant using automotive
enamel paints. Works a treat.

But you're right; the decorating bag is the trick to it :-)

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Speedy Jim" wrote in message
t...

"Leo Tick" wrote in message

Can one (not GE)color GE sealants without zapping its performance.
If yes what pigment class (I dont want to paint it)

Silicon mix with oil paint I don't think so