Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony[_2_] Tony[_2_] is offline

Default coloring GE sealants

"Speedy Jim" wrote in message
t...
C & E wrote:

"Tony" wrote in message
news:Tsrwi.708$5Q5.417@trnddc05...

Repost that make sense

"Leo Tick" wrote in message
news:y9qwi.174$1e.60@trndny06...

Can one (not GE)color GE sealants without zapping its performance.
If yes what pigment class (I dont want to paint it)

Silicon mix with oil paint I don't think so

My take is that the OP is asking if a consumer can add a tint to GE
sealants without effecting their performance. My question is, 'even if
tinting is possible how are you going go use a batch of tinted sealant
which is no longer in its tube? I guess that you could put it into a
cake decorating bag and use it like a caulking tube'. No flame intended
in any what here.

Exactly. Done it with silicone sealant using automotive
enamel paints. Works a treat.

But you're right; the decorating bag is the trick to it :-)

Jim