Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
AES/newspost

Default Quartzite Counter Tops: Stains and Sealants

Installed light grey quartzite stone countertops in a kitchen --
supposedly sealed by the stone yard before shipping.

Problem: they stain like crazy. Any little spill or contact with most
anything -- butter, mayonnaise, coffee, soapy water, wine, jelly,
grease, a glass with a damp bottom -- leaves a visible stain or ring
which seems near impossible to remove. Never had this kind of problem
with granite.

Did we pick the wrong stuff (or the wrong color)? Are there effective
sealants?

Thanks for any info. Email cc appreciated; I don't always get to
monitor this group.