DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   coloring GE sealants (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/210924-coloring-ge-sealants.html)

Leo Tick August 14th 07 11:38 PM

coloring GE sealants

Can one (not GE)color GE sealants without zapping its performance.
If yes what pigment class (I dont want to paint it)

Tony[_2_] August 15th 07 01:07 AM

coloring GE sealants

Repost that make sense

C & E[_2_] August 15th 07 02:51 AM

coloring GE sealants

"Tony" wrote in message
Repost that make sense

"Leo Tick" wrote in message
Can one (not GE)color GE sealants without zapping its performance.
If yes what pigment class (I dont want to paint it)

My take is that the OP is asking if a consumer can add a tint to GE sealants
without effecting their performance. My question is, 'even if tinting is
possible how are you going go use a batch of tinted sealant which is no
longer in its tube? I guess that you could put it into a cake decorating
bag and use it like a caulking tube'. No flame intended in any what here.

Speedy Jim August 15th 07 03:18 AM

coloring GE sealants

"Leo Tick" wrote in message

Can one (not GE)color GE sealants without zapping its performance.
If yes what pigment class (I dont want to paint it)

My take is that the OP is asking if a consumer can add a tint to GE sealants
without effecting their performance. My question is, 'even if tinting is
possible how are you going go use a batch of tinted sealant which is no
longer in its tube? I guess that you could put it into a cake decorating
bag and use it like a caulking tube'. No flame intended in any what here.

Exactly. Done it with silicone sealant using automotive
enamel paints. Works a treat.

But you're right; the decorating bag is the trick to it :-)

Jim

Tony[_2_] August 15th 07 03:51 AM

coloring GE sealants

"Speedy Jim" wrote in message
t...

"Leo Tick" wrote in message

Can one (not GE)color GE sealants without zapping its performance.
If yes what pigment class (I dont want to paint it)

Silicon mix with oil paint I don't think so