Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Result of A/C Problem

HVAC guy came out today. Turns out that when they replaced the controller
unit last winter, they miswired the cooling side. Warranty service, 2
minutes, no charge.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri 06 Jun 2008 03:16:32p, Dimitrios Paskoudniakis told us...

HVAC guy came out today. Turns out that when they replaced the

controller
unit last winter, they miswired the cooling side. Warranty service, 2
minutes, no charge.

Great news! Thanks for reporting back.

Several years ago we owned a home that had a completely separate HVAC for
each of the 1st and 2nd floors of our house. Since we live in the desert
we don't use heat often. On our first occasion to use heat on the 2nd
floor, there was no heat. The blower worked, the AC worked, but no heat!
Called the contractor who had built the house. When is tech came out, he
discovered that the gas line had never been connected to the 2nd floor
furnace. Go figure...

--
Wayne Boatwright
Friday, 06(VI)/06(VI)/08(MMVIII)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 6, 5:16*pm, "Dimitrios Paskoudniakis"
wrote:
HVAC guy came out today. *Turns out that when they replaced the controller
unit last winter, they miswired the cooling side. *Warranty service, 2
minutes, no charge.

Now you need to figure out if their neglect caused damage they are
liable for, call someone else or maybe someone here will have an idea.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Wayne Boatwright wrote in
6.120:

On Fri 06 Jun 2008 03:16:32p, Dimitrios Paskoudniakis told us...

HVAC guy came out today. Turns out that when they replaced the

controller
unit last winter, they miswired the cooling side. Warranty service,
2 minutes, no charge.

Great news! Thanks for reporting back.

Several years ago we owned a home that had a completely separate HVAC
for each of the 1st and 2nd floors of our house. Since we live in the
desert we don't use heat often. On our first occasion to use heat on
the 2nd floor, there was no heat. The blower worked, the AC worked,
but no heat! Called the contractor who had built the house. When is
tech came out, he discovered that the gas line had never been
connected to the 2nd floor furnace. Go figure...

Since we live in the desert

Just curious. What type of desert? Vegas is the desert (?). Then there's
a guy I knew that lived in Yuma AZ (desert?). But then again, I don't
live in the desert...but it's been pushing a 100 the past few days and
100+ for next few days. Temps got nothing to do with desert though. One
of the dryest places on earth, the Atacama Desert, only has summer temps
in the 80's.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Wayne Boatwright wrote in
6.120:

The other cat's food is automatically
preferable to their own.

Your epolog,
The other cat's food is automatically
preferable to their own.
Boy if that ain't the truth.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri 06 Jun 2008 05:20:49p, Red Green told us...

Wayne Boatwright wrote in
6.120:

[...]

I live in East Mesa, AZ, about 36 miles from downtown Phoenix. Our summer
temps range from 105-120°. We have already had two 110° days a couple of
weeks ago. Since then it's been hovering between 98-102°.

It's true that not all desert regions are not. This one is.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Friday, 06(VI)/06(VI)/08(MMVIII)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri 06 Jun 2008 05:27:06p, Red Green told us...

Wayne Boatwright wrote in
6.120:

The other cat's food is automatically
preferable to their own.

Your epolog,
The other cat's food is automatically
preferable to their own.
Boy if that ain't the truth.

Yep, you're right. We have 5 cats and they all want each other's food. :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright
Friday, 06(VI)/06(VI)/08(MMVIII)
Catholic (n.) - a cat with a drinking
problem.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Wayne Boatwright wrote in
6.120:

[...]

Exactly the same here for days and days upcoming. But this is early June
on the east coast in NC. Not the frikkin' desert! That's more July & Aug
weather.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri 06 Jun 2008 06:59:39p, Red Green told us...

Wayne Boatwright wrote in
6.120:

[...]

And I suspect that your humidity is much higher in NC. Most of the year
ours is in the 5-8% range. It makes a huge difference in how the
temperature is perceived. In late July and August we have a period called
Monsoon where the humidity soars for this region. Sometimes we have rain
with it, but most times we don't. With our high temps, it's miserably
uncomfortable.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Friday, 06(VI)/06(VI)/08(MMVIII)

Posted to alt.home.repair

Wayne Boatwright wrote in
6.120:

[...]

5-8% is unheard of. I've only seen dryness like that in my (duct tape)
wallet. But then again, that's why it's called the desert.

Here in summer, temp/humidity more synchronized 90/90, 95/95, 100/100. AC
drain actualy trickles vs drips.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri 06 Jun 2008 07:41:25p, Red Green told us...

Wayne Boatwright wrote in
6.120:

[...]

I know those conditions well. My family is from northeast Mississippi and
I've spent much time there, either around the winter holidays or in the
summer. Walk outside in the summer and you start dripping.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Friday, 06(VI)/06(VI)/08(MMVIII)

Damp Proofing Result Ed_Zep UK diy 69 August 17th 06 03:15 PM
OT Keystoke Logger-The result ARWadsworth UK diy 23 September 5th 05 10:59 PM
Final Result "believe it or not" for:Teac TV ctm687 tuner problem alitonto Electronics Repair 4 August 9th 05 09:05 PM
Radon test result Tom UK diy 39 March 8th 05 06:37 PM