Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Result of A/C Problem

Wayne Boatwright wrote in
6.120:

On Fri 06 Jun 2008 03:16:32p, Dimitrios Paskoudniakis told us...

HVAC guy came out today. Turns out that when they replaced the

controller
unit last winter, they miswired the cooling side. Warranty service,
2 minutes, no charge.

Great news! Thanks for reporting back.

Several years ago we owned a home that had a completely separate HVAC
for each of the 1st and 2nd floors of our house. Since we live in the
desert we don't use heat often. On our first occasion to use heat on
the 2nd floor, there was no heat. The blower worked, the AC worked,
but no heat! Called the contractor who had built the house. When is
tech came out, he discovered that the gas line had never been
connected to the 2nd floor furnace. Go figure...

Since we live in the desert

Just curious. What type of desert? Vegas is the desert (?). Then there's
a guy I knew that lived in Yuma AZ (desert?). But then again, I don't
live in the desert...but it's been pushing a 100 the past few days and
100+ for next few days. Temps got nothing to do with desert though. One
of the dryest places on earth, the Atacama Desert, only has summer temps
in the 80's.