Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to unload rented bobcat from pickup

Video
http://cgi.fark.com/cgi/fark/youtube.pl?IDLink=3476336

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 21, 8:17�am, "HeyBub" wrote:
Videohttp://cgi.fark.com/cgi/fark/youtube.pl?IDLink=3476336

its a excavator..........

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 21, 8:47�am, "HeyBub" wrote:
wrote:
On Mar 21, 8:17?am, "HeyBub" wrote:
Videohttp://cgi.fark.com/cgi/fark/youtube.pl?IDLink=3476336

its a excavator..........

Okay. Change the subject to:

"How to unload a rented Bobcat brand excavator from a pickup truck"

I was shooting for brevity in the subject line. Sorry for the confusion.

I kinda laughed up to aquiring a new 3 year old friend i wouldnt have
known the difference. driving down the road i hear skid steer, bobcat,
bachoe bulldozer etc etc.

nifty how the operator uses the bucket so the the truck doesnt go
boom
Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in message
Video
http://cgi.fark.com/cgi/fark/youtube.pl?IDLink=3476336

I wonder if they got it up there the same way?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 21, 9:54*am, "John Grabowski" wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message

Video
http://cgi.fark.com/cgi/fark/youtube.pl?IDLink=3476336

I wonder if they got it up there the same way?

I wonder if they got it up there the same way?

Is that a question or a statement?

There's another video showing them loading an excavator onto a
different kind of flatbed. They put the bucket on the flatbed to lift
the tracks, drove forward until the front of the excavator was on the
bed, then spun the bucket to the back and lifted until the tracks were
level. Then they just drove right on the rest of the way.

Bigger truck, but the front never left the ground.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 21, 9:37 am, " wrote:
On Mar 21, 8:17�am, "HeyBub" wrote:

Videohttp://cgi.fark.com/cgi/fark/youtube.pl?IDLink=3476336

its a excavator..........

And there's nothing "unconventional" or special about the unloading
method.
-----

- gpsman
Posted to alt.home.repair

AHEM! That's not a bobcat, (hell it's not even a skid loader) and that's
NOT a pickup.

other that all those mistakes, I don't see a problem with their procedure.

"HeyBub" wrote in message
Video
http://cgi.fark.com/cgi/fark/youtube.pl?IDLink=3476336

Posted to alt.home.repair

Yep, done all the time around here.

"John Grabowski" wrote in message

"HeyBub" wrote in message
Video
http://cgi.fark.com/cgi/fark/youtube.pl?IDLink=3476336

I wonder if they got it up there the same way?

Posted to alt.home.repair

S. Barker wrote:
AHEM! That's not a bobcat, (hell it's not even a skid loader) and
that's NOT a pickup.

other that all those mistakes, I don't see a problem with their
procedure.

Right. But, I thought, this is "alt.home.repair" not
"alt.freeway.construction" or "alt.dam.building".

Someone might consider the technique should they rent a Bobcat.

The rental place may load the sucker with a fork lift. Now, when you get it
home to help with installing the towel rack, how the heck do you get it off
your truck?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Again, this technique would not work with any bobcat . Even their mini
excavators would not be loaded this way, because they are not big enough.
So , not applicable to relate this video to Bobcats in any way.

"HeyBub" wrote in message
S. Barker wrote:
AHEM! That's not a bobcat, (hell it's not even a skid loader) and
that's NOT a pickup.

other that all those mistakes, I don't see a problem with their
procedure.

Right. But, I thought, this is "alt.home.repair" not
"alt.freeway.construction" or "alt.dam.building".

Someone might consider the technique should they rent a Bobcat.

The rental place may load the sucker with a fork lift. Now, when you get
it home to help with installing the towel rack, how the heck do you get it
off your truck?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in message

Video
http://cgi.fark.com/cgi/fark/youtube.pl?IDLink=3476336

I wonder if they got it up there the same way?

*I wonder if they got it up there the same way?

Is that a question or a statement?

There's another video showing them loading an excavator onto a
different kind of flatbed. They put the bucket on the flatbed to lift
the tracks, drove forward until the front of the excavator was on the
bed, then spun the bucket to the back and lifted until the tracks were
level. Then they just drove right on the rest of the way.

Bigger truck, but the front never left the ground.

Topper to that is one in South America somewhere (saw it several years
ago) where they put it up on top of a train of RR cars and crawl along
unloading the cars with it it. Wish I had kept the link.

Scary just to watch it getting up on top of the first one.

Harry K
Posted to alt.home.repair

HeyBub wrote:
S. Barker wrote:
AHEM! That's not a bobcat, (hell it's not even a skid loader) and
that's NOT a pickup.

other that all those mistakes, I don't see a problem with their
procedure.

Right. But, I thought, this is "alt.home.repair" not
"alt.freeway.construction" or "alt.dam.building".

Someone might consider the technique should they rent a Bobcat.

The rental place may load the sucker with a fork lift. Now, when you get it
home to help with installing the towel rack, how the heck do you get it off
your truck?

You have never really done this have you? They certainly don't load a
skid loader into the back of your pickup truck at the rental place.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Well, we don't really know if the machine is rented either.

"George" wrote in message
. ..

I don't think either a "Bobcat brand excavator" (whatever that might be)
or a pickup truck are shown anywhere in that video. Other than that your
subject is accurate...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 21, 10:41�am, "S. Barker" wrote:
Well, we don't really know if the machine is rented either.

"George" wrote in message

. ..

I don't think either a "Bobcat brand excavator" (whatever that might be)
or a pickup truck are shown anywhere in that video. Other than that your
subject is accurate...- Hide quoted text -

many large machines are rented, because contractors dont need them all
the time
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 21, 8:04*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
S. Barker wrote:
AHEM! *That's not a bobcat, (hell it's not even a skid loader) and
that's NOT a pickup.

other that all those mistakes, I don't see a problem with their
procedure.

Right. But, I thought, this is "alt.home.repair" not
"alt.freeway.construction" or "alt.dam.building".

Someone might consider the technique should they rent a Bobcat.

The rental place may load the sucker with a fork lift. Now, when you get it
home to help with installing the towel rack, how the heck do you get it off
your truck?

The same way I did. I hooked up to the tilt bed trailer the rental
company furnishes.

Harry K