MIke

Default Bobcat Bushings

My brother just bought an older bobcat excavator and it needs new bushings.
He said that the are hard to find and the ones he can find people want an
arm and a leg for.

So he has the old ones and the dimensions that they are supposed to be.
What material should I make them out of ?

Help
Mike MIller

williamhenry

are these the bushings for the bucket , arms or cylinders?
the rear axle bearings also ride in bushings on some of the older models

Mike

"williamhenry" wrote in message
.. .
are these the bushings for the bucket , arms or cylinders?
the rear axle bearings also ride in bushings on some of the older models

These are for the bucket. and the arm pivot points.
Thanks
Mike

williamhenry

most of the bushings I have seen for these could be made out of 4140 and
hardened to 46-48 Rc
but the factory replacements are not real expensive about
70 usd for the bucket IIRC the last set we got at work

ATP

Mike wrote:
"williamhenry" wrote in message
.. .
are these the bushings for the bucket , arms or cylinders?
the rear axle bearings also ride in bushings on some of the older
models

These are for the bucket. and the arm pivot points.
Thanks
Mike

I replaced mine, they were not expensive. The holes in the bobcat arm itself
may be egg shaped, however, so bushings are not always a complete solution.

MIke

would bronze bushings last very long in this application ?