Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Seen at a "real paint store"

I've often seen here recommendations to go to "a real paint store"
rather than to HD or Lowe's.

Does Sherwin-Williams fall into that category? I would have assumed so,
but a couple of days ago in our local one I was SprayTech paint
sprayers, which appear to be relabeled versions of the Wagners that
everybody here disses.

So,

(a) Is S-W not a real paint store?

or

(b) Are Wagner paint sprayers not as bad as many make out?

or

(c) Is the fact that S-W sells (relabeled) Wagner paint sprayers mere;y
an aberration?

Perce
Posted to alt.home.repair

Percival P. Cassidy wrote:

I've often seen here recommendations to go to "a real paint store"
rather than to HD or Lowe's.

Does Sherwin-Williams fall into that category? I would have assumed so,
but a couple of days ago in our local one I was SprayTech paint
sprayers, which appear to be relabeled versions of the Wagners that
everybody here disses.

So,

(a) Is S-W not a real paint store?

or

(b) Are Wagner paint sprayers not as bad as many make out?

or

(c) Is the fact that S-W sells (relabeled) Wagner paint sprayers mere;y
an aberration?

Perce

SOME Wagner piston pumps are pretty good. I have seen painters
use them. They seem to prefer Graco, but I have seen all kinds
of paint sprayers on the jobsite.

Wagner makes Spraytech, and is a division of Wagner. They are
not really relabeled. Just a different line. The homeowner
stuff that Wagner makes is garbage, but they do make some
professional equipment.

You know that Black and Decker owns Dewalt, right?

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 20, 2:14*pm, Robert Allison wrote:
Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
[...]

Georgetown, TX- Hide quoted text -

Wagner makes junk and good stuff, Sherwin Williams sells most all
pumps, the best made, Graco, Titan etc.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Percival P. Cassidy" wrote:

I've often seen here recommendations to go to "a real paint store"
rather than to HD or Lowe's.

Does Sherwin-Williams fall into that category? I would have assumed so,
but a couple of days ago in our local one I was SprayTech paint
sprayers, which appear to be relabeled versions of the Wagners that
everybody here disses.

So,

(a) Is S-W not a real paint store?

It depends. Around here, there are two types of SW stores. The strip mall
storefronts that cater to homeowners, and the industrial supply type that all
the contractors use. The products are the same, but the industrial supply place
has a much larger stock and tends to hire people who know what they are talking
about. The strip mall stores have the minimum wage droids working.

As to paint & equipment - in my experience, all the major brands have lines that
are colored water and lines that are quality paints. I assume that SW sells
rebranded hardware just to cater to the homeowner crowd as they certainly don't
manufacture the stuff.
Posted to alt.home.repair

S-W is a real paint store.

Speaking of real paint stores....tried the new Benj Moore Aura paint line.
At $50.00 a gallon, I half expected it to spread itself.

I get better coverage and easier workability with Behr at half the price. I
can deal with the min wage drones for $25.00/gal

just a personal opinion.