Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Allison[_2_] Robert Allison[_2_] is offline

Default Seen at a "real paint store"

Percival P. Cassidy wrote:

I've often seen here recommendations to go to "a real paint store"
rather than to HD or Lowe's.

Does Sherwin-Williams fall into that category? I would have assumed so,
but a couple of days ago in our local one I was SprayTech paint
sprayers, which appear to be relabeled versions of the Wagners that
everybody here disses.

So,

(a) Is S-W not a real paint store?

or

(b) Are Wagner paint sprayers not as bad as many make out?

or

(c) Is the fact that S-W sells (relabeled) Wagner paint sprayers mere;y
an aberration?

Perce

SOME Wagner piston pumps are pretty good. I have seen painters
use them. They seem to prefer Graco, but I have seen all kinds
of paint sprayers on the jobsite.

Wagner makes Spraytech, and is a division of Wagner. They are
not really relabeled. Just a different line. The homeowner
stuff that Wagner makes is garbage, but they do make some
professional equipment.

You know that Black and Decker owns Dewalt, right?

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.