Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default crunchy stuff on ceiling

Our bathroom has that white spray-on crunchy stuff that's on almost
every ceiling nowadays. I don't know what it's called, but it looks like
cottage cheese. Anyhow, just above the shower, there's a spot where the
previous owners apparently "repaired" some missing bits, but they did a
poor job of it and it's all coming off again. The humidity from the
shower seems to be part of the problem.
Under the crunchy stuff is regular old sheetrock. We'd like to just
scrape all the crunchy stuff off and repaint the ceiling, but I don't know
if that's a good idea or not. Are we liable to cause more problems doing
this? Should we have something over the sheetrock or a special kind of
paint, since it's likely to get wet from humidity and/or splashing water
from the shower?
Thanks again, guys. You've been a big help, this is our first house and
it's been quite a learning experience.

Stacia

Two adjacent ceiling lights. Need two ceiling boxes? fourrings Home Repair 11 November 14th 07 02:15 PM
FS in Alachua/Gainesville FL: huge volume shop stuff, tools supplieshardwares, other "guy stuff", 1, some, or all - PICKUP preferred dave Woodworking 0 January 30th 07 04:31 PM
Sheetrock ceiling vs. drop ceiling tiles bluerock1 Home Repair 4 November 8th 06 05:10 AM
Old Ceiling Fan/Light gone with two wires coming from the ceiling CJ Home Repair 2 April 19th 06 03:22 PM
Vaulted Ceiling--Installing Ceiling Fans Dave Combs Home Repair 0 July 31st 05 02:24 AM