Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Can your kids drown?

Hello:

This is so sad:

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2008/...uled-accident/

I have installed locks where my grandkids live.

Something to think about.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Charles" wrote in message
news
Hello:

This is so sad:

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2008/...uled-accident/

I have installed locks where my grandkids live.

Something to think about.

Where were the parents while the kid was making his way out of the
apartment???

Posted to alt.home.repair

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"Charles" wrote in message
news
Hello:

This is so sad:

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2008/...uled-accident/

I have installed locks where my grandkids live.

Something to think about.

Where were the parents while the kid was making his way out of the
apartment???

Have you raised any kids lately? The little rascals are as fast as gazelles
and when you are changing one diaper, the other is escaping.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 12 Jan 2008 16:58:53 -0500, "Charles"
wrote:

Hello:

This is so sad:

*http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2008/...uled-accident/

I have installed locks where my grandkids live.

Something to think about.

In the desert; we cannot get people to not leave children or pets in a
boiling hot car. Some can be charged criminally.

Plenty of public service announcements, but folks drive to work and
then only find the child was left in the vehicle and never dropped a
day care, etc. The child dies!

Shame!

Ask the lawyers... pools are an "attractive nuisance".

Oren
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Hello:

This is so sad:

*http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2008/...uled-accident/

I have installed locks where my grandkids live.

Something to think about.

In the desert; we cannot get people to not leave children or pets in a
boiling hot car. Some can be charged criminally.

Plenty of public service announcements, but folks drive to work and
then only find the child was left in the vehicle and never dropped a
day care, etc. The child dies!

Shame!

Ask the lawyers... pools are an "attractive nuisance".

My grandkids live near a lake.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 12 Jan 2008 17:12:31 -0500, "Charles"
wrote:

My grandkids live near a lake.

TEACH them to swim, by all means. Local classes...

I know the Collier County area well!

Oren
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12 Jan 2008 22:14:51 GMT, Noahbuddy wrote:

For heaven's sake! Some kids do stuff like that. You can't watch them
every second, even tho you think you do and you try to. If you have one of
those kinds of children that do the escape kinds of things it can happen in
the blink of an eye.

Grandpa told me: "boy, ya gonna fall out of that tree!"

Sure as **** it happened. Had a knot on my head I couldn't rub off
fast enough

Oren
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Charles" wrote in message
. ..

wrote:

Hello:

This is so sad:

*http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2008/...uled-accident/

I have installed locks where my grandkids live.

Something to think about.

In the desert; we cannot get people to not leave children or pets in a
boiling hot car. Some can be charged criminally.

Plenty of public service announcements, but folks drive to work and
then only find the child was left in the vehicle and never dropped a
day care, etc. The child dies!

Shame!

Ask the lawyers... pools are an "attractive nuisance".

My grandkids live near a lake.

Mine live in a van down by the river.....

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

My grandkids live near a lake.

TEACH them to swim, by all means. Local classes...

Well, they are grandkids and I don't have primary control. The parents are
aware of this.

But, very cold water can claim drowning victims who know how to swim.

The top-lock program is a very good idea!

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Noahbuddy" wrote in message
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in
:

"Charles" wrote in message
news
Hello:

This is so sad:

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2008/...-boy-who-drown
ed-pool-ruled-accident/

I have installed locks where my grandkids live.

Something to think about.

Where were the parents while the kid was making his way out of the
apartment???

For heaven's sake! Some kids do stuff like that. You can't watch them
every second, even tho you think you do and you try to. If you have one
of
those kinds of children that do the escape kinds of things it can happen
in
the blink of an eye.

Thanks for your support ... not for my ego (for the kids and their parents)
.... this is an important issue.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 12 Jan 2008 18:02:40 -0500, "Charles"
wrote:

The top-lock program is a very good idea!

A Gator check is also good before a child around a lake in Naples. Not
to mention viper/venomous snakes.

Throw the child in the lake and let them learn to swim (adult
supervision).

Locks are good..., so support your local event.

Oren
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Dr. Hardcrab" wrote in message
Mine live in a van down by the river.....

One of them rich people bragging are you? Mine are in a carton from a
refrigerator.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Charles wrote:
Hello:

This is so sad:

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2008/...uled-accident/

I have installed locks where my grandkids live.

Something to think about.

Every parent should teach his child to swim and handle a gun.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Noahbuddy" wrote in message
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in
:

"Charles" wrote in message
news
Hello:

This is so sad:

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2008/...-boy-who-drown
ed-pool-ruled-accident/

I have installed locks where my grandkids live.

Something to think about.

Where were the parents while the kid was making his way out of the
apartment???

For heaven's sake! Some kids do stuff like that. You can't watch them
every second, even tho you think you do and you try to. If you have one
of
those kinds of children that do the escape kinds of things it can happen
in
the blink of an eye.

Only if you want them to happen. If something's easy to prevent, and you
don't prevent it, then you wanted it to happen.

Posted to alt.home.repair

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Noahbuddy" wrote in message

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in
:

"Charles" wrote in message
news
Hello:

This is so sad:

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2008/...-boy-who-drown
ed-pool-ruled-accident/

I have installed locks where my grandkids live.

Something to think about.

Where were the parents while the kid was making his way out of the
apartment???

For heaven's sake! Some kids do stuff like that. You can't watch them
every second, even tho you think you do and you try to. If you have one
of
those kinds of children that do the escape kinds of things it can happen
in
the blink of an eye.

Only if you want them to happen. If something's easy to prevent, and you
don't prevent it, then you wanted it to happen.

Hi,
No matter what accident can happen. My kids are red cross silver life
saver, rescue rated scuba diver but it only lessens the chance of
accident. They are not 100% accident proof. Training and
awareness and being cool headed is good.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Noahbuddy" wrote in message

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in
:

"Charles" wrote in message
[...]

We're talking about a 2 year old child here. Two so-called parents somehow
allowed the kid to get out of the apartment and make his way to a swimming
pool.

Do try and stay focused on the reality of THIS situation, not YOURS.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 12 Jan 2008 18:47:05 -0600, "HeyBub" wrote:

Every parent should teach his child to swim and handle a gun.

Even further!. The child needs an issued IP v6 address/domain upon
birth.

Coupled with the SS#.

Oren
Posted to alt.home.repair

--

Careful, Oren- once they realize that IP v6 allows enough numbers, they
will start using it for everything, including the SSN, along with the

Cue Johnny Rivers 'they've given you a number, and taken away your name...'

aem sends...

Posted to alt.home.repair

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

"Charles" wrote in message
news

Hello:

This is so sad:

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2008/...uled-accident/

I have installed locks where my grandkids live.

Something to think about.

Where were the parents while the kid was making his way out of the
apartment???

It only takes 30 seconds for a kid to get out of a house and into
trouble. All three of my
children had close calls while swimming, and I had never taken my eyes
off them. My 4
year-old son was playing in water next to the dock at a cottage. He got
confused or
scared, and started walking toward deeper water until it was over his
head. Only took
a few seconds, and if I had been distracted, he might have disappeared.

Daughter, age 10, very mature and responsible, walking on swimming pier
at the beach. I'm way
back, sitting in the shade. Only two swimmers in water because it was
mid morning; we didn't
take hot sun too well. My daughter decided to jump off the pier near
the other swimmers, over
her head. They didn't notice her in distress, but I probably broke a
record for the 40 yd. dash.

Moving day, after dark, lot of commotion with people visiting and
helping. Two year old
toddled across the street, found by neighbor.

Hubby watching grandkids on patio while I go in to check dinner, return
in about three minutes.
3 year old not in sight. Run toward the channel and find grandson lying
on his belly at the seawall, looking
for critters in the water.

My brother and I used to walk to the beach whenever we could - two or
three miles. Best day for swimming
from breakwater was when it was "closed" (no lifeguards) due to high
waves as the water was much warmer then (Lake
Michigan). Brother used to swim until he got tired, and I had to haul
him back. I suppose I was about 10 or 12
at the time.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Locks alone don't cut it. Remember, the lock has to be simple enough
that the parent can work it, so there is always a possibility that a
smart, or perserverent child can work it too. My mother had a cute way
of locking cabinets (it worked on my sisters and I), so when we had her
first grandchild, she visited as soon as he could crawl and locked our
cabinets; my son crawled over and unlocked one on his first try.
I agree that it is almost impossible to constantly monitor your
infants, particularly if they have you outnumbered. So I think a
combination of safety measures, such as locks and moving dangerous
substances out of easy reach, has to be combined with training the child
on what they may and may not do, and even then, there will still be
tragic accidents. Children are actually smarter than we give them
credit, so the training has to start very early.

Charles wrote:
Hello:

This is so sad:

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2008/...uled-accident/

I have installed locks where my grandkids live.

Something to think about.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 05:24:33 GMT, aemeijers wrote:

Oren wrote:
On Sat, 12 Jan 2008 18:47:05 -0600, "HeyBub" wrote:

Every parent should teach his child to swim and handle a gun.

Even further!. The child needs an issued IP v6 address/domain upon
birth.

Coupled with the SS#.

Oren
--

Careful, Oren- once they realize that IP v6 allows enough numbers, they
will start using it for everything, including the SSN, along with the
RFID transponder chip they will insert while they are cleaning the baby
up to hand to Mama.

Cue Johnny Rivers 'they've given you a number, and taken away your name...'

aem sends...

I think (iirc) IPv6 will have a number for every square foot of
earth.

Saw a story a few years ago about GPS (?) chips placed into children's
clothing/backpacks. FBI saw the report and wanted to use the
technology to track drug/money trades.

Parents can track kids at school and locations. Also, used to find
kids gone missing.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"SteveB" wrote in message

Where were the parents all this time? Obviously doing something else.

I can tell you where they were most likely. On the damn cell phone.

And now, all the discussion is about who's at fault except for the
parents. If you don't watch your kids, this is what happens. It's that
simple. And then for people to want to come forth and blame everyone
except themselves for their own laziness and stupidity is ludicrous.

AMEN brother!

I have four grandchildren. We have a pool at our house. They have a pool
at their house. STILL, they never get far enough away from us to get into
the pool. THAT'S BECAUSE WE WATCH THEM. Emphasis on WATCH, as have an
eyeball on them. SEE them.

Thank you. It's called proper parental supervision.

Maybe these people should apply to Hillary for a federally funded program
to help them combat this. She's strong on releasing and relieving parents
of their parental duties so we can have federal programs to parent them
and help them grow into dependent adults.

All they need to do to find the person responsible is look in a mirror.

Steve

If kids had... The3rd Earl Of Derby UK diy 2 March 12th 06 02:15 PM
SCANDINAVIAN KIDS BED J T Woodworking 2 September 9th 04 03:41 AM
Kids, Kids' Projects & Fun charlieb Woodworking 0 August 14th 03 08:44 AM