Posted to alt.home.repair

Default bathroom reno help

I am a novice DIYer who is attempting a second floor bathroom
renovation.I had to move my toilet about 5 feet so I could replace the
exising 30inch vanity wih a 42inch one.It was relatively easy to move
the toilet as I extended the 3inch ABS toilet drain paralell to the 10
inch floor joists.I removed the existing vinyl flooring, removed a
layer of 1/4 inch particle board, and had to cut out pieces of 1/2
inch plywood to move the toilet. Now I have to put the subfloor back
together again and install a toilet flange above a 90 degree 3 inch
ABS fitting.I want to put a solid subfloor down as I am installing a
larger soaker tub and will be laying granite tile.I am stumped/
overwhelmed by how I proceed next. I can't just pull up the existing
1/2 inch plywood and replace with it with--say-3/4 inch plywood
because some of the bathroom walls are sitting on the plywood.When I
cut part of the subfloor out for the drain I couldnt cut the plywood
down the middle of a joist because thats where the plywood was nailed.
So if I patch my holes with 1/2 inch plywood and put another 1/2 inch
on top, the subfloor will be weak where I patched my holes. The joints
of the patch will not be sitting on a joist.Whats the best way to
proceed?Also, is it better to lay my subfloor and then cut a hole
above the 90 degree bend to install my toilet flange, or extend a
piece of abs out of the 90 bend and cut my subfloor around it?
Thanks
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article
,
wrote:

[...]

My first suggestion: Learn to use paragraphs, so we don't get a
splitting headache in three seconds, just looking at all that black ink
jammed together. Then when we can read it, maybe we can help.