Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bladder water tank problem...

I turned off the pump and then the water valves to house - done to
clean and replace a silt filter.
Absent mindedly, I opened the valves to the house, but neglected to
power the pump. Used up all water in the tank to the maximum before
discovering the error (hours later), where I powered the pump.

Here's the problem, since this time (and this was months ago), a
shower will bring me a trickle when the tank has emptied, sucking in
air to the plumping and about 30 seconds later the cut-in signals to
the pump to start up, where pressure is immedietly rendered, tank
refilled and life is good again.

I haven't yet tried to verify that the tank pressure (empty of water)
is set at 2psi below cut-in (38) of the 40-60 cut-in/cut-out settings.

Looking for the experienced members of this group, to give me their
experience on whether the fact that I completely dispelled the water
in the tank may have caused my problem, or if it might be more serious
in nature likely a bladder rupture. I don't have a cycle on / cycle
off problem obviuosly. Just the opposite, i have a late restart.

thanks,
James