Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Uninstalling/installing Well Tank (bladder type) Well-X-Troll

Need to replace a T'd in tank in house garage closet..Is on its stand
with pipe running into hole in stand. Can't see underneath. Outside
tank at T looks like pipe screwed in. How do you access under tank and
disconnect the tank to be replaced after emptying tank? Is about 25
years old. Probably around size of WX200-250. Any help on disconnecting
pipe would be appreciated. Is there a trick in getting in there or what?

Posted to alt.home.repair

stevel wrote:
Need to replace a T'd in tank in house garage closet..Is on its stand
with pipe running into hole in stand. Can't see underneath. Outside
tank at T looks like pipe screwed in. How do you access under tank and
disconnect the tank to be replaced after emptying tank? Is about 25
years old. Probably around size of WX200-250. Any help on disconnecting
pipe would be appreciated. Is there a trick in getting in there or what?

I'll reply to what I think you are asking. If it is like mine,
underneath there is just a 90 degree L welded to the tank. Can you not
get a pipe wrench on the pipe? Once empty it should be manageable to
roll it out and lay it down to really put the wrenches to it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Eric in North TX wrote:

stevel wrote:
Need to replace a T'd in tank in house garage closet..Is on its stand
with pipe running into hole in stand. Can't see underneath. Outside
tank at T looks like pipe screwed in. How do you access under tank and
disconnect the tank to be replaced after emptying tank? Is about 25
years old. Probably around size of WX200-250. Any help on disconnecting
pipe would be appreciated. Is there a trick in getting in there or what?

I'll reply to what I think you are asking. If it is like mine,
underneath there is just a 90 degree L welded to the tank. Can you not
get a pipe wrench on the pipe? Once empty it should be manageable to
roll it out and lay it down to really put the wrenches to it.

I think he's looking to disconnect the tank without taking apart the
connections to the T with the pressure switch and whatnot. As far as I
know the only way to do that would be to cut the pipe next to the tank,
remove the stub from the T and then replace the tank using a union to
allow reconnection.

Pete C.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Thank You.... yes can get a wrench on it but was worried what was
underneath tank. Got a mirror under and saw just a 90 degree elbow and
screwed in pipe. Now question is will it turn out after so many years
without access underneath. Guess will have to find out what to cut pipe
with......
Eric in North TX wrote:
stevel wrote:
Need to replace a T'd in tank in house garage closet..Is on its stand
with pipe running into hole in stand. Can't see underneath. Outside
tank at T looks like pipe screwed in. How do you access under tank and
disconnect the tank to be replaced after emptying tank? Is about 25
years old. Probably around size of WX200-250. Any help on disconnecting
pipe would be appreciated. Is there a trick in getting in there or what?

I'll reply to what I think you are asking. If it is like mine,
underneath there is just a 90 degree L welded to the tank. Can you not
get a pipe wrench on the pipe? Once empty it should be manageable to
roll it out and lay it down to really put the wrenches to it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Guess will have to find out what to cut pipe
with......

Sazall with a metal cutting blade makes light work of it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Eric in North TX wrote:
Guess will have to find out what to cut pipe
with......

Sazall with a metal cutting blade makes light work of it.

Or just a regular hacksaw with about a 28 tpi blade. Everything
doesn't require a power tool.

Harry K