Posted to alt.home.repair

Default how to run at test at gas line to gas pack

What is the procedure for running a pressure test with air on the gas line
at a gas pack unit. It has to maintain 10 lbs. of pressure over night. I have
not done this type of test in a long time. I have the test gauge. This is
required because the unit has been off for over a year.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 30, 3:16�pm, "wlex0297" u39499@uwe wrote:
� What is the procedure for running a pressure test with air on the gas line
at a gas pack unit. It has to maintain 10 lbs. of pressure over night. I have
not done this type of test in a long time. I have the test gauge. This is
required because the unit has been off for over a year.

its highly likely a pro will have to do this to meet regulations.......
Posted to alt.home.repair

wlex0297 wrote:

What is the procedure for running a pressure test with air on the gas line
at a gas pack unit. It has to maintain 10 lbs. of pressure over night. I have
not done this type of test in a long time. I have the test gauge. This is
required because the unit has been off for over a year.

Not enough info.

You can't apply the 10psi to the appliance, so the
valve serving it must be closed.
If you will be pressurizing the service line into the
house, *all* appliances must be isolated from the line
during testing. The regulator and meter must also be
isolated from the test pressure.

Then pump up the line...

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

"wlex0297" u39499@uwe wrote in message news:7c00818e110c4@uwe...
What is the procedure for running a pressure test with air on the gas
line
at a gas pack unit. It has to maintain 10 lbs. of pressure over night. I
have
not done this type of test in a long time. I have the test gauge. This is
required because the unit has been off for over a year.

This procedure is best done by a professional since there are requirements
to prevent the pressure from damaging the appliance gas valves, the meter,
or any installed regulators. You are generally required to disconnect
things, not just shut off valves. The gas company also will require that
they or someone they trust do this job and they may require a recording
pressure gage. It is simple but highly critical and should not cost very
much.

Don Young

Posted to alt.home.repair
jim jim is offline

On Nov 30, 8:42 pm, "Don Young" wrote:
[...]

Most definetly get a pro as a gas fitter I won't even suggest you do
this as I won't have my name involved

Posted to alt.home.repair

"wlex0297" u39499@uwe wrote in message news:7c00818e110c4@uwe...
What is the procedure for running a pressure test with air on the gas line
at a gas pack unit. It has to maintain 10 lbs. of pressure over night. I have
not done this type of test in a long time. I have the test gauge. This is
required because the unit has been off for over a year.

With gas line questions, the answer is usually to ask your inspector. The
inspector knows what he expects to see. I have found them to be very helpful.

Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair
jim jim is offline

On Dec 1, 2:25 pm, "Bob F" wrote:
"wlex0297" u39499@uwe wrote in messagenews:7c00818e110c4@uwe...
What is the procedure for running a pressure test with air on the gas line
at a gas pack unit. It has to maintain 10 lbs. of pressure over night. I have
not done this type of test in a long time. I have the test gauge. This is
required because the unit has been off for over a year.

With gas line questions, the answer is usually to ask your inspector. The
inspector knows what he expects to see. I have found them to be very helpful.

Bob

But not all inspectors are licensed Gas fitters get a pro please.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"jim" wrote in message
On Dec 1, 2:25 pm, "Bob F" wrote:
"wlex0297" u39499@uwe wrote in messagenews:7c00818e110c4@uwe...
What is the procedure for running a pressure test with air on the gas line
at a gas pack unit. It has to maintain 10 lbs. of pressure over night. I
have
not done this type of test in a long time. I have the test gauge. This is
required because the unit has been off for over a year.

With gas line questions, the answer is usually to ask your inspector. The
inspector knows what he expects to see. I have found them to be very helpful.

Bob

But not all inspectors are licensed Gas fitters get a pro please.

But the fitters have to meet the inspector's standards. I've never needed a pro.

What test equipment needed to find correct cable/phone line? Bill[_5_] Electronics Repair 9 August 23rd 07 11:04 AM
Jet pack K & C Hunter Woodworking 2 May 22nd 06 02:49 PM
how to test gas copper line for leaks renux Home Repair 20 January 26th 06 10:23 PM
For Video test, What is "Green line"? boki Electronics Repair 6 March 29th 05 05:53 PM