DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   how to run at test at gas line to gas pack (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/223206-how-run-test-gas-line-gas-pack.html)

wlex0297 November 30th 07 08:16 PM

how to run at test at gas line to gas pack

What is the procedure for running a pressure test with air on the gas line
at a gas pack unit. It has to maintain 10 lbs. of pressure over night. I have
not done this type of test in a long time. I have the test gauge. This is
required because the unit has been off for over a year.

[email protected] November 30th 07 09:17 PM

On Nov 30, 3:16�pm, "wlex0297" u39499@uwe wrote:
� What is the procedure for running a pressure test with air on the gas line
at a gas pack unit. It has to maintain 10 lbs. of pressure over night. I have
not done this type of test in a long time. I have the test gauge. This is
required because the unit has been off for over a year.

its highly likely a pro will have to do this to meet regulations.......

Speedy Jim[_2_] December 1st 07 12:57 AM

wlex0297 wrote:

What is the procedure for running a pressure test with air on the gas line
at a gas pack unit. It has to maintain 10 lbs. of pressure over night. I have
not done this type of test in a long time. I have the test gauge. This is
required because the unit has been off for over a year.

Not enough info.

You can't apply the 10psi to the appliance, so the
valve serving it must be closed.
If you will be pressurizing the service line into the
house, *all* appliances must be isolated from the line
during testing. The regulator and meter must also be
isolated from the test pressure.

Then pump up the line...

Jim

Don Young December 1st 07 02:42 AM

"wlex0297" u39499@uwe wrote in message news:7c00818e110c4@uwe...
What is the procedure for running a pressure test with air on the gas
line
at a gas pack unit. It has to maintain 10 lbs. of pressure over night. I
have
not done this type of test in a long time. I have the test gauge. This is
required because the unit has been off for over a year.

This procedure is best done by a professional since there are requirements
to prevent the pressure from damaging the appliance gas valves, the meter,
or any installed regulators. You are generally required to disconnect
things, not just shut off valves. The gas company also will require that
they or someone they trust do this job and they may require a recording
pressure gage. It is simple but highly critical and should not cost very
much.

Don Young

jim December 1st 07 03:40 AM

On Nov 30, 8:42 pm, "Don Young" wrote:
[...]

Most definetly get a pro as a gas fitter I won't even suggest you do
this as I won't have my name involved

Bob F December 1st 07 08:25 PM

how to run at test at gas line to gas pack

"wlex0297" u39499@uwe wrote in message news:7c00818e110c4@uwe...
What is the procedure for running a pressure test with air on the gas line
at a gas pack unit. It has to maintain 10 lbs. of pressure over night. I have
not done this type of test in a long time. I have the test gauge. This is
required because the unit has been off for over a year.

With gas line questions, the answer is usually to ask your inspector. The
inspector knows what he expects to see. I have found them to be very helpful.

Bob

jim December 1st 07 08:45 PM

On Dec 1, 2:25 pm, "Bob F" wrote:
"wlex0297" u39499@uwe wrote in messagenews:7c00818e110c4@uwe...
What is the procedure for running a pressure test with air on the gas line
at a gas pack unit. It has to maintain 10 lbs. of pressure over night. I have
not done this type of test in a long time. I have the test gauge. This is
required because the unit has been off for over a year.

With gas line questions, the answer is usually to ask your inspector. The
inspector knows what he expects to see. I have found them to be very helpful.

Bob

But not all inspectors are licensed Gas fitters get a pro please.

Bob F December 14th 07 07:25 AM

"jim" wrote in message
On Dec 1, 2:25 pm, "Bob F" wrote:
"wlex0297" u39499@uwe wrote in messagenews:7c00818e110c4@uwe...
What is the procedure for running a pressure test with air on the gas line
at a gas pack unit. It has to maintain 10 lbs. of pressure over night. I
have
not done this type of test in a long time. I have the test gauge. This is
required because the unit has been off for over a year.

With gas line questions, the answer is usually to ask your inspector. The
inspector knows what he expects to see. I have found them to be very helpful.

Bob

But not all inspectors are licensed Gas fitters get a pro please.

But the fitters have to meet the inspector's standards. I've never needed a pro.