Posted to alt.home.repair
jim jim is offline

Default how to run at test at gas line to gas pack

On Nov 30, 8:42 pm, "Don Young" wrote:
"wlex0297" u39499@uwe wrote in messagenews:7c00818e110c4@uwe...
What is the procedure for running a pressure test with air on the gas
line
at a gas pack unit. It has to maintain 10 lbs. of pressure over night. I
have
not done this type of test in a long time. I have the test gauge. This is
required because the unit has been off for over a year.

This procedure is best done by a professional since there are requirements
to prevent the pressure from damaging the appliance gas valves, the meter,
or any installed regulators. You are generally required to disconnect
things, not just shut off valves. The gas company also will require that
they or someone they trust do this job and they may require a recording
pressure gage. It is simple but highly critical and should not cost very
much.

Don Young

Most definetly get a pro as a gas fitter I won't even suggest you do
this as I won't have my name involved