Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hobart Toaster Wiring Diagram Needed

Hi. I have a Hobart ET27-4 commercial grade 4-slice toaster. It is a
208/240 volt model. The only way I can get it to toast anything in any
of the 4 slots is to push both levers down. I should be able to toast
2 slices at once, im pretty sure. Im thinking it is just wired wrong
and am looking for a wiring diagram. Any help HIGHLY appreciated. TIA
Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

I used to repair those or at least similar models when they were made by GE,
unfortunately I can't remember the internal wiring. I think you're on the
right track though. There should be 8- 55 volt or 120 volt element plates.
If they're 55 volt, each set of 4 is wired in series and fed across a 240
volt circuit. If they're 120 volt, each pair is wired in series, then the
two left pairs and the two right pairs are connected in parallel across the
240 volt circuit