Kevin Gibbs

Default Hotpoint Washer Wiring Diagram Needed

Does anyone know where I can get hold of a wiring diagram for a
Hotpoint washer Model 9537?

Many Thanks
Set Square

Kevin Gibbs wrote:

Does anyone know where I can get hold of a wiring diagram for a
Hotpoint washer Model 9537?

Many Thanks

Have you looked inside the casing? Many machines (don't know about Hotpoint
specifically) seem to have them on the back of one of the panels.
--
Cheers,
Set Square

Colin Wilson

Does anyone know where I can get hold of a wiring diagram for a
Hotpoint washer Model 9537?

My ol` man used to fix them until he left about 6 months ago - what`s the
problem, I can always bounce the query his way :-p

Kevin Gibbs

Colin Wilson wrote in message et...
Does anyone know where I can get hold of a wiring diagram for a
Hotpoint washer Model 9537?

My ol` man used to fix them until he left about 6 months ago - what`s the
problem, I can always bounce the query his way :-p

Cheers Colin,
The machine is tripping the ELCB.
It appears to be doing it when heating the water i.e. fills with
water, turns a few times and waits.
I can't find my megga to test for earth leakage, so I've just pulled
the wires off the element for now (all taped up etc).

*BUT* since then, the machine will not now fill with water - but only
on a 60 degree wash! (40 degrees OK)

I've also been told (this is not my machine by the way), that the
machine was only tripping the ELCB on a 60 degree wash (I initially
thought that the water was hot enough to not require heating at 40
degrees).

So, I'm very interested in what could possibly be so different between
40 and 60 degree washes - I thought it was simply the water temp.

Just as a post note, I've noticed that the "Economy Wash" button will
not stay in when pressed - was wondering if that could have blown and
be leaking to earth.

All in all, that's why I was looking for a wiring diagram.

Thanks for any help - Kevin
zen15254

snipped
*BUT* since then, the machine will not now fill with water - but only
on a 60 degree wash! (40 degrees OK)
snipped

Doh!
Ignore the above - been given incorrect info.
Just been to look at it (cos it made no sense at all), and the bl**dy fill
pipe was kinked!

So, to recap, I'm still after a wiring diagram to locate the orig problem -
the tripping of the ELCB (even though my money is on the element).

Once again, many thanks - Kevin

Gavin Gillespie

"zen15254" wrote in message
.. .
snipped
*BUT* since then, the machine will not now fill with water - but

only
on a 60 degree wash! (40 degrees OK)
snipped

Doh!
Ignore the above - been given incorrect info.
Just been to look at it (cos it made no sense at all), and the

bl**dy fill
pipe was kinked!

So, to recap, I'm still after a wiring diagram to locate the orig

problem -
the tripping of the ELCB (even though my money is on the element).

If you have disconnected the element, and this has cured the tripping,
then it is 99.9% that the fault is in the element. On some Hotpoints,
the drum drops when the bearings are faulty (even if the bearings
sound OK, when the drum is rotated by hand), this causes the front of
the drum to cut into the element when the drum is loaded, so if you
remove the element, check that it has not got any nice new shiny
marks, that look like something has been rubbing on it, because if it
has, the bearings will need replacing as well.
--
Gavin Gillespie
Giltbrook

Kevin Gibbs

If you have disconnected the element, and this has cured the tripping,
then it is 99.9% that the fault is in the element. On some Hotpoints,
the drum drops when the bearings are faulty (even if the bearings
sound OK, when the drum is rotated by hand), this causes the front of
the drum to cut into the element when the drum is loaded, so if you
remove the element, check that it has not got any nice new shiny
marks, that look like something has been rubbing on it, because if it
has, the bearings will need replacing as well.

Will do.
But I'm putting off removing the element for now cos it looks like the whole
drum has to be removed out of the case to do that.
I'll wait to see if the tripping has stopped and then attack it (unless I
can find my megga in the meantime).

Thanks Gavin - Kevin

Bob Eager

On Fri, 2 Jan 2004 16:43:20 UTC, "Kevin Gibbs"
wrote:

But I'm putting off removing the element for now cos it looks like the whole
drum has to be removed out of the case to do that.

Dunno which model, but on ours you take off the front panel (easy) and
remove teh front of the tub by releasing about a dozen clips. The
element comes off with the tub front....easy.

--
Bob Eager
rde at tavi.co.uk
PC Server 325*4; PS/2s 9585, 8595, 9595*2, 8580*3,
P70...