bmeech

Default Hotpoint Aquarius Washer 1100 WM63

My hotpoint washer blows the fuse on the plug whenever I switch it
on.Is there an easy answer to what causes this ?
Andrew

what do you mean by turn on, when ever the power is turned on to the
machine or when ever a wash cycle is started (especially when power is
applied to the motor).

Andrew

bmeech wrote:
My hotpoint washer blows the fuse on the plug whenever I switch it
on.Is there an easy answer to what causes this ?

Andrew

Bob

what I should have written is
what activity is the machine about to carry out when the fuse blows

1. starting the motor
2. opening the water inlet(s)
3. starting to heat the water

Can the machine spin with out blowing the fuse.
what can the machine do with out blowing the fuse ?

Which ever item is attempting to be used when the fuse blows is probably
the faulty item, without any further info i would guess at the motor,
but it could be other things too.

Is the machine under warranty ?

Also don't open the machine unless your competent electricity can kill,
especially when mixed with water.