DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Hobart Toaster Wiring Diagram Needed (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/223053-hobart-toaster-wiring-diagram-needed.html)

[email protected] November 29th 07 07:14 PM

Hobart Toaster Wiring Diagram Needed

Hi. I have a Hobart ET27-4 commercial grade 4-slice toaster. It is a
208/240 volt model. The only way I can get it to toast anything in any
of the 4 slots is to push both levers down. I should be able to toast
2 slices at once, im pretty sure. Im thinking it is just wired wrong
and am looking for a wiring diagram. Any help HIGHLY appreciated. TIA

RBM November 29th 07 10:17 PM

Hobart Toaster Wiring Diagram Needed

I used to repair those or at least similar models when they were made by GE,
unfortunately I can't remember the internal wiring. I think you're on the
right track though. There should be 8- 55 volt or 120 volt element plates.
If they're 55 volt, each set of 4 is wired in series and fed across a 240
volt circuit. If they're 120 volt, each pair is wired in series, then the
two left pairs and the two right pairs are connected in parallel across the
240 volt circuit

[email protected] December 4th 07 08:59 AM

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 13:14:28 -0600, wrote:

Hi. I have a Hobart ET27-4 commercial grade 4-slice toaster. It is a
208/240 volt model. The only way I can get it to toast anything in any
of the 4 slots is to push both levers down. I should be able to toast
2 slices at once, im pretty sure. Im thinking it is just wired wrong
and am looking for a wiring diagram. Any help HIGHLY appreciated. TIA

I sure appreciate the replies. Turns out, the spade lug connector for
the ground wire of the AC mains wasnt crimped on properly, and had
"let go" of the wire itself inside the toaster's terminal block.
Floating ground. No reference. Not good. Such an easy fix. My face is
red and the toast is brown. Thank you all again.