Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Mice Pros

What is the best bait for regular mouse traps, Ive used Skippy Creamy
Peanut Butter in the past, but I only got Blue Cheese today in the
frige, and its not doing the trick and is molding bad. Is it still
Skippy Makes Em Dead.. I guess my mice don`t appreciate fine dining.
Maybe I should put out a plate of wine with Antifreeze mixed in for
them vermin
Posted to alt.home.repair

I use birdseed under the trap paddle. I have also hot melt glued sunflower
seed to the paddle.

OT: I store my Decon poison in the garage on a shelf 6 ft from the floor.
Those suckers found it. Don't know how. I guess thats a good thing as long
as they don't die in the house. (I don't use poison in the house for that
reason)

I kept finding peanuts scattered in my engine compartment and I thought
"Mice in the car. THis can't be good" (hence the Decon in the garage). Then
last week, I saw a Red Breasted Nut hatch jump on my tire and stash a peanut
in the wheel cover. Further watching showed him jump from the wheel to the
wheel well to the engine. He was the culprit.

"ransley" wrote in message
What is the best bait for regular mouse traps, Ive used Skippy Creamy
Peanut Butter in the past, but I only got Blue Cheese today in the
frige, and its not doing the trick and is molding bad. Is it still
Skippy Makes Em Dead.. I guess my mice don`t appreciate fine dining.
Maybe I should put out a plate of wine with Antifreeze mixed in for
them vermin

Posted to alt.home.repair

"ransley" wrote in message

What is the best bait for regular mouse traps, Ive used Skippy Creamy
Peanut Butter in the past, but I only got Blue Cheese today in the
frige, and its not doing the trick and is molding bad. Is it still
Skippy Makes Em Dead.. I guess my mice don`t appreciate fine dining.
Maybe I should put out a plate of wine with Antifreeze mixed in for
them vermin

I have had great luck with a piece of bar soap.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Unrevealed Source wrote:

I know it's a cliche, but good old fashioned cheese is what I have the best
luck with.

I used to use what they were hungry for, which seemed to be cereals. A
little pile of crushed cereal with peanut butter to hold it together.

"ransley" wrote in message

What is the best bait for regular mouse traps, Ive used Skippy Creamy
Peanut Butter in the past, but I only got Blue Cheese today in the
frige, and its not doing the trick and is molding bad. Is it still
Skippy Makes Em Dead.. I guess my mice don`t appreciate fine dining.
Maybe I should put out a plate of wine with Antifreeze mixed in for
them vermin

Posted to alt.home.repair

i used to use a small square of velveta cheese , push it
onto the trigger, worked good. i now put out decon.lucas

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 26, 8:28 pm, ransley wrote:
What is the best bait for regular mouse traps, Ive used Skippy Creamy
Peanut Butter in the past, but I only got Blue Cheese today in the
frige, and its not doing the trick and is molding bad. Is it still
Skippy Makes Em Dead.. I guess my mice don`t appreciate fine dining.
Maybe I should put out a plate of wine with Antifreeze mixed in for
them vermin

Trap placement is probably just as important as bait - along runways
and openings and mice may just stumble into even if not baited. I use
poison in attic and basement where pets cannot get at it and have
never had a dead mouse odor problem.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 17:28:10 -0800, ransley wrote:

What is the best bait for regular mouse traps, Ive used Skippy Creamy
Peanut Butter in the past, but I only got Blue Cheese today in the
frige, and its not doing the trick and is molding bad. Is it still
Skippy Makes Em Dead.. I guess my mice don`t appreciate fine dining.
Maybe I should put out a plate of wine with Antifreeze mixed in for them
vermin

I find Just One Bite effective mouse control. It really should be named
"Last Supper".

I have blocks beneath the porch, on the porch and in the garage.

Another tactic for mouse control has been to cut back vegetation within
50' of the building. This certainly seems to have discouraged them.

There is also a metal box that you wind up. When the critter tries to
scoot through the opening, a mechanism is triggered and the paddle flips
him into a holding pen. No bait necessary although a smear of peanut
butter in the holding pen seems to help.

Posted to alt.home.repair

ransley wrote:
What is the best bait for regular mouse traps, Ive used Skippy Creamy
Peanut Butter in the past, but I only got Blue Cheese today in the
frige, and its not doing the trick and is molding bad. Is it still
Skippy Makes Em Dead.. I guess my mice don`t appreciate fine dining.
Maybe I should put out a plate of wine with Antifreeze mixed in for
them vermin

It's the change in the weather, prompting field mice to seek warmer climes.

Anyway, think cat.

You can even borrow one.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Super glue a kernel of popcorn on there.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Tin cats work good. They are made out of sheet metal by Victor, they are
available in many hardware stores. They have tunnels the mice go into, and
can't get out. You have to kill them. I just toss mine into a five gallon
bucket of water. Easy. No resetting, and if one mouse is in there, it
draws other mice. No guts and gore.

I have two.

Steve

Pros Only - Needs Serious Fixin' :-) Al Bundy Home Repair 2 September 18th 07 10:07 AM
Mice! bluebell UK diy 52 June 18th 07 06:29 PM
Mice! Mike Dobony Home Repair 17 August 8th 06 11:30 AM
Mice Hound Dog Home Repair 26 January 25th 05 04:04 PM
Even the pros can't get a builder Owain UK diy 3 October 29th 04 02:39 AM