Posted to alt.home.repair
franz frippl franz frippl is offline

Default Mice Pros

On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 17:28:10 -0800, ransley wrote:

What is the best bait for regular mouse traps, Ive used Skippy Creamy
Peanut Butter in the past, but I only got Blue Cheese today in the
frige, and its not doing the trick and is molding bad. Is it still
Skippy Makes Em Dead.. I guess my mice don`t appreciate fine dining.
Maybe I should put out a plate of wine with Antifreeze mixed in for them
vermin

I find Just One Bite effective mouse control. It really should be named
"Last Supper".

I have blocks beneath the porch, on the porch and in the garage.

Another tactic for mouse control has been to cut back vegetation within
50' of the building. This certainly seems to have discouraged them.

There is also a metal box that you wind up. When the critter tries to
scoot through the opening, a mechanism is triggered and the paddle flips
him into a holding pen. No bait necessary although a smear of peanut
butter in the holding pen seems to help.