Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Garage door chime or buzzer

I'm looking at getting some type of device or alarm or something that
when a garage door is opened it makes a sound inside the house to
notify whoever is inside that someone has opened the garage. We don't
have an alarm system. In short our garage doors are really quiet and
we can't hear if anyone opens them and comes in. Has anyone ever
heard of a device, be it electrical or cellular that can make a noise
or a chime or ring inside the house when the garage door is
activated ? If so, where and how much ?
Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

car crash wrote:

I'm looking at getting some type of device or alarm or something that
when a garage door is opened it makes a sound inside the house to
notify whoever is inside that someone has opened the garage...

Maybe an X10 motion detector in the garage with an X10 alarm in the house...

Nick

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 20, 9:17 am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
My parents house, the garage door opener turns on a light. Dad put a power
tap in. Ran a cord off the light socket, and put a light inside the house.

--

Christopher A. Young;
.

"car crash" wrote in message

I'm looking at getting some type of device or alarm or something that
when a garage door is opened it makes a sound inside the house to
notify whoever is inside that someone has opened the garage. We don't
have an alarm system. In short our garage doors are really quiet and
we can't hear if anyone opens them and comes in. Has anyone ever
heard of a device, be it electrical or cellular that can make a noise
or a chime or ring inside the house when the garage door is
activated ? If so, where and how much ?
Thanks.

A tap off of the light would power something for about 4 minutes at my
house, which might not be enough for the OP to notice that it was on.
Any type of buzzer would be pretty annoying if it stay on the entire
time the door was open - at least at my house where the door might be
open for hours.

I think the middle ground would be a tap off the motor power that
sounded a buzzer while the door was in motion. Couple that with a
light that stayed on constantly while the door was open and you'd have
the best off both worlds.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Steve Barker wrote:
Who, but authorized people could/would be opening the door??

You really are an innocent, aren't you?

Standard form of theft in most all big cities and ritzy suburbs.

Thieves with transmitters that march up and down the frequency
and code combinations and look for one that opens.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Steve Barker wrote:
Who, but authorized people could/would be opening the door??

You really are an innocent, aren't you?

Standard form of theft in most all big cities and ritzy suburbs.

Thieves with transmitters that march up and down the frequency
and code combinations and look for one that opens.- Hide quoted text -

You're really assuming a lot, aren't you?

We haven't all upgraded to rolling code units, making it still very
possible.

Need schematic for door ajar warning chime, or a chime sound. Susan Rice Electronic Schematics 4 August 21st 07 04:05 AM
Door chime question Steve B Home Repair 18 February 1st 07 03:03 AM
old door chime tony c Home Repair 1 June 18th 06 04:01 PM
Buzzing / Vibrating door bell chime?? Oren Home Repair 4 June 17th 06 04:17 PM
Wanted - a louder door chime Dave Plowman (News) UK diy 5 September 5th 04 11:01 PM