Posted to alt.home.repair
tony c

Default old door chime

Hi, I'm wanting to replace my old door chime with something a little
newer.

I've taken the casing off the old one now and instead of terminals
labelled front, trans, rear or equivalent, there's four terminals
numbere 0-3.

0 has one white and one black wire connected;
1 has no wires
2 has single white;
3 has single black;

Rather than try to figure this out and have my visitors bursting in to
flames on the front step, I thought i'd better ask the experts here!
Which of these terminals are equivalent of front, back (there's no
backboor chime) and trans.

Thanks in advance,

Tony

Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM

If it's a ding-dong, chime, you only need two wires to activate it. If it
plays a melody, it needs constant feed 16 volts, and a momentary switch
contact for each, front and rear buttons

ps.com...